Ok so i have a 17 10700kf and a rtx 3070

Ok so i have a 17 10700kf and a rtx 3070 and dont know what to upgrade next what should i upgrade from these 2

Do you need an upgrade? If yes, why? Do you have specific performance you want to improve, ect.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, davemc said:

Do you need an upgrade? If yes, why? Do you have specific performance you want to improve, ect.

Dont need want because im a tech nerd and refuse to let my friend have a better pc lol plus my brother wants a new pc so if i upgrade i can give him my old ones i would like to improve performance on cod warzone and cold war  and control

I'd go for an upgraded motherboard as didn't the Intel Gen 10 still use Gen 3 rather than Gen 4

3 minutes ago, rockyroller said:

I'd go for an upgraded motherboard as didn't the Intel Gen 10 still use Gen 3 rather than Gen 4

mine has 3 and 4

Well you seem to have most bases already covered, so why not go for something more exotic? I have no idea if they allow you to play games better but how about a system based on a Zeon, Threadripper or Epyc?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 3:23 PM, rockyroller said:

Well you seem to have most bases already covered, so why not go for something more exotic? I have no idea if they allow you to play games better but how about a system based on a Zeon, Threadripper or Epyc?

None of those would allow for more performance. OP, depending on your motherboard, you could hypothetically upgrade to an i9 but honestly just wait for a better gpu in a couple of years

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Spoiler

1 hour ago, davemc said:

None of those would allow for more performance. OP, depending on your motherboard, you could hypothetically upgrade to an i9 but honestly just wait for a better gpu in a couple of years

I had the feeling the OP wasn't just after a upgrade as he didn't need to, & so was more about pushing the limits in which case it is thinking out of the box time and speed is only a matter of money, how much do you want to spend? The three CPUs I put forward do get higher benchmark scores than a i9 if that is the bar to aim for?

On 6/19/2021 at 5:23 AM, rockyroller said:

Umm epyc naples can be oced but then youll have to deal with mobo ocp and mobo vrms overheating aand then again you aint going very far unless you watercool both the cpu and vrms, heck 4ghz on a 32 core epyc 7601 requires around 1.35-1.4v from what ive heard and it would still be slower than something like a 3700x in gaming just because not all games are optimized to use 32 freaking cores, maybe in vulcan games youd see an improvement but otherwise idt be a big downgrade in terms of gaming compared to something like a 10700kf.

Maybe epyc rome cause that can be oced too but only the oem models (the ones that end in 004) and es models, but thatll still be slower than a 3700x unless you oced it, then maybe itd be comparable to a 3700x but itd still get decimated by a 10700kd and 5800x in gaming anyways.

And all the epyc es have been bought up : (

i was hoping to get one of the 32 core epycs in the future to maybe run qubes linux and oc it via zenstates with watercooled vrms and an elmor evc to get rid of ocp or tune volts if needed, maybe the retail versions work, who knows ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

9 hours ago, rockyroller said:

I had the feeling the OP wasn't just after a upgrade as he didn't need to, & so was more about pushing the limits in which case it is thinking out of the box time and speed is only a matter of money, how much do you want to spend? The three CPUs I put forward do get higher benchmark scores than a i9 if that is the bar to aim for?

Not for gaming. Epycs, TRs, and Xeons are all slower for gaming than top end Ryzen and Core CPUs. They are more made for high end servers and workstations.

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Spoiler