Was this a good build? Suggestions for changes???

Budget (including currency): 2,500 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Games, streaming, projects for uni

Other details: I actually bought these parts near the beginning of the year, before GPUs went ghosting...it was my first build and I'm proud of it, but was wondering if any changes wouldve been better. Also, the GPU that I got was a gigabyte rtx 3070 @ $1100 

Screenshot_20210618-230400_Chrome.jpg

image.png

Edited by Spotty
Removed personal information

You might want to cover up your address and phone number bud

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

You might want to edit out your personal info 😬

Looks ok though

RAM was a big mistake. You should have at least got 3200MHz. 2666MHz will significantly hinder the 3600X's performance, and CL16 timings on that are ridiculously loose, as well.

The rest is fine. Though, I really don't understand the 500GB QLC SATA drive. If you just wanted a cheap, secondary drive, it should at least be more than 500GB.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

12 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

RAM was a big mistake. You should have at least got 3200MHz. 2666MHz will significantly hinder the 3600X's performance, and CL16 timings on that are ridiculously loose, as well.

The rest is fine. Though, I really don't understand the 500GB QLC SATA drive. If you just wanted a cheap, secondary drive, it should at least be more than 500GB.

My reasoning then was because I already got around 2.5TB of external hard drives, i just bought it to have a newer 1..but I agree with the RAM choice ahah, just didn't fit in the budget for me...but I do plan on upgrading it 😄

Its a good build though the ram is abysmal for the price, you are literally just paying for the corsair brand at that price, 3200 and 3600mhz ram are usually pretty close or the same price so get some 3600mhz ram.

Other than the ram that build is pretty good