I installed a new ssd and now my graphics card blinkin red

MxH

Hi there people,

I just installed a new ssd into my build but to do so properly I had to remove the graphics card and put it back in. Unfortunately the moment I decided to boot up my system I was greeted with my bios saying "cmos has failed bios has been reset" and since then no matter what i do in the bios it just keeps resetting after I save and exit. I have tried removing the ssd and rebooting but then I am greeted with the same thing over and over. Everything that is plugged into the motherboard works just fine but and all the drives that I have plugged all show up (even the new one) in my bios. I personally think I accidentally bricked my gpu but I'm not sure nor do I want to randomly perform a bios flash for my gpu.

my build exist out of:

cpu: ryzen 7 3700x(with a stock cooler)

gpu: vega 560

ram: 4* 8gb 3200mhz

MoBO: aorus x570

I would really apreciate any advice on this matter and can provide pictures.

There seems to be some disconnect in the information you're sharing here.

Your thread title says that the GPU is "blinking red." What specifically on it is blinking red? The RGB lighting? Lighting by the PCI-e cable connectors, possibly? There were many different Vega 56 cards.

Then you go on to describe a problem which seems to have little to do with the GPU, but you end by concluding the GPU is bricked. The GPU is clearly not stone dead because if it was you wouldn't even be getting a display out to mess around in the BIOS.

Have you verified the CMOS battery on the motherboard is in place, and didn't get jostled loose somehow while you were replacing components? Remove it from its socket and put it back in. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

31 minutes ago, Middcore said:

There seems to be some disconnect in the information you're sharing here.

Your thread title says that the GPU is "blinking red." What specifically on it is blinking red? The RGB lighting? Lighting by the PCI-e cable connectors, possibly? There were many different Vega 56 cards.

Then you go on to describe a problem which seems to have little to do with the GPU, but you end by concluding the GPU is bricked. The GPU is clearly not stone dead because if it was you wouldn't even be getting a display out to mess around in the BIOS.

Have you verified the CMOS battery on the motherboard is in place, and didn't get jostled loose somehow while you were replacing components? Remove it from its socket and put it back in. 

My apologies for the dumb thread this is my first time doing something like this.

1. the rgb lighting is blinking red

2. I have verified that the cmos is in the right place

Doesn't sound like a gpu problem.

Read a few weeks ago about x570 aorus boards with a similar issue.

Go into your bios and look for the power load settings and switch that to enable.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/dte8yq/x570_aorus_elite_keeps_resetting_the_bios/

Edited by Montana16
Link added

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon