Would you please suggest parts for my first build.

current plan   ---    https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/YRFggt

ready for anyone to critique it.

1. Budget & Location

$2,000 - $2,500 CAD
I may be convinced to go over

2. Aim

Web browsing, Programing, when not gaming I will totally have multiple windows open across monitors
Gaming - Minecraft, Genshin, Diablo III, Satisfactory.  I'm not that into FPS, and I know my games aren't known for graphic heavy.  But I've always had to play any game(L.O.L., WOW, Minecraft) on minumum settings(or give up playing it altogether).  I just want to not be held back again because of my GPU going forword.
Movies
If possible I'ld like to dual boot to linux
I would like to raid the SSDs.  

3. Monitors

1 monitor for the time being.  Planning to have 2-3 monitors in the future?  I don't have a clue what the difference in frequency is.  But I think anything bigger then 24" would work for me.

4. Peripherals
I need a mouse, but not top of the line or anything.
I need a keyboard.
I have a HP 2011x monitor.  (this would be what I use till I get a proper one)
OS - Dual boot Windows 10. (unless you all convince me that's a bad idea.)

5. Why are you upgrading?

Why?  I'm tired of being held back from playing games my pc can't handle.  I have waited long enough to build my first PC, now is a good time.  I'm upgrading from a Dell XPS M2010
I'm a clean slate (that might not be helpful for you trying to help me, sorry)  I don't care if it's intel or amd
I'm planning to buy everything in the next 3 weeks (unless I have a reason to wait [cough]GPU)

6. What I have

3.5 Seagate 2TB HDD, 2.5 BarraCuda 1TB HDD, 2.5 WD Blue 500GB SSD

Case does not matter to me. RGB does not matter to me.
I was planning for min. 32GB RAM (personally I would rather have 512GB )  real talk... is 256GB overkill?

Also, I've been using Eset for network/security for the last 10 years and I've always hated how hard it is to get the thing to restore.  If some one has ideas for this I'll listen (It's not like I have to restore offten, just when I want to it's a pain trying to get eset to let it happen.)

Thank you for taking the time to read this mess.

Welcome to the form!

I thinks this one do all what you have asked for : https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/rtFynL 

but the only problem if you can find a GPU with a good price I saw that one I provided was 1800cad which is a lot and you might need to go over budget to get a decent GPU not lower than a 3060ti or you can buy a used  GPU not more than 300 cad preferred not lower than 1660 super considering the market conditions and the shortage until you have the GPU you need

This build should be enough for like minimum of 5 years before you think to upgrade something.

OR you can go with this one which is cheaper but it will do the job well but you will pay a 1200cad on the GPU that is cost 500 cad or less https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/zDvCRT 

Omar, thank you for the start 🙂

I have made my list https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/FRZs3Z (edited for current changes)

and am now ready for anyone to critique it.

I know it's over budget, but I think thats mostly the GPU's, and the monitors fault.  I also was not really planning to have to pay for windows yet.

If anyone could, please help me lower the price.   I am kinda set on the case, my backup case would be https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MsX2FT/thermaltake-case-ca1e300m1nn00

but it costs the same.

I will be getting only one of the monitors, please help me decide which.  (if i could afford my final setup it would have 1-2 horizontal and 1 vertical screen)

Is there a reason not to go for the cheaper Nvidia RTX 3070?

33 minutes ago, Zedtrileman said:

Omar, thank you for the start 🙂

I have made my list https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/6kMzVc

and am now ready for anyone to critique it.

I know it's over budget, but I think thats mostly the GPU's, and the monitors fault.  I also was not really planning to have to pay for windows yet.

If anyone could, please help me lower the price.   I am kinda set on the case, my backup case would be https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MsX2FT/thermaltake-case-ca1e300m1nn00

but it costs the same.

I will be getting only one of the monitors, please help me decide which.  (if i could afford my final setup it would have 1-2 horizontal and 1 vertical screen)

Is there a reason not to go for the cheaper Nvidia RTX 3070?

Your build is good but an id cooling se 224 is a good cooler that will prob smash that 120mm aio and its not that large so it shouldnt run into vrm clearence issues, its around 30$ on amazon.

i think you can get 4000mhz ram for the same price or 10-20$ more

and please dont waste that much money on a stupid windows liscense, yoi can get a w10 pro liscense for 15-20$ on sites like scdkey, ebay is like 3$ but those are just random liscenses.

otherwise great build

Edit : for the peripherals im not sure on the monitor but i think you can swap the mouse for a bloody a90, around 20-30$ and it will easily drag click 30+ cps if you care about competitive minecraft or any game that requires fast clicking, you might have to pay for the software though (i dont condone this) i guess you can pirate it, but then again its just 10$ if i remember correctly so i think pirating is pointless esp for a high end expensive build.

You might be able to find a cheaper mechanical keyboard but i dont have much info on keyboards.

The NH-U14S cpu cooler would be an excellent choice and is readily available.

Consider using the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2 motherboard. Has excellent vrm and a good feature set.

I'd suggest 32GB of memory. If it really proves inadequate you can always add more.

Save some money on the case and get a newer design with excellent airflow.

You can also save on the psu and IMO get a better unit with the Seasonic GX-750.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($498.50 @ Vuugo) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($98.28 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($229.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($231.50 @ Vuugo) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card  ($800.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact ATX Mid Tower Case  ($129.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($121.99 @ PC-Canada) 
Monitor: Acer XF270HU Cbmiiprx 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($347.80 @ Amazon Canada) 
Monitor: AOC CQ27G2 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz Monitor  ($353.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Keyboard: Cooler Master SK650 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Mouse: DLAND ZELOTES Wired Optical Mouse  ($18.98 @ Amazon Canada) 
Total: $2980.02
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-06-22 23:08 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.