Gaming on LEAKED Windows 11

jakkuh_t

I already dont like Windows 11.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

Since we don't have any info on how W11 works(resources, programs, gaming) under "the hood" I will call it a W10 reskin. Nothing more, so not worth upgrading right now

Talk about downgrades. Wow none of that looked compelling at ALL to use. This feels like another W7 situation where it's not worth it to upgrades till forced.

Lets just hope they release it.

Everytime a new OS from Microsoft shows up, the number of new users in the Linux Community rises 🙂

Hopefully it will be cloud based, and requiring a stable internet Connection or any of the other predictions roaming the net,

then the bashing will be so easy as theres already a huge movement where as Europen Countries dont want to send out Information to US Companies,

So it could be the start a new Era 😄 😄

45 minutes ago, Haraikomono said:

Lets just hope they release it.

Everytime a new OS from Microsoft shows up, the number of new users in the Linux Community rises 🙂

Hopefully it will be cloud based, and requiring a stable internet Connection or any of the other predictions roaming the net,

then the bashing will be so easy as theres already a huge movement where as Europen Countries dont want to send out Information to US Companies,

So it could be the start a new Era 😄 😄

ChromeOS is exactly what you describe, yet you'll be surprised how many people are using it 😞

18 hours ago, notsrealinc said:

I wanted to share, if you're getting the "This PC can't run Windows 11" error, you need to enable/activate TPM or FTPM in the BIOS. I have it personally installed on a laptop with a 3rd gen i7. Secure boot must also be enabled. These may not be final requirements, it could be required because this is Dev build. Also, any Windows 10 key works atm with correct version. 

I also want to add, if you take a Windows 10 .iso and put the Win11 install.wim inside it will install just fine on bare metal without any fuss.

19 hours ago, Middcore said:

Is there any substantive reason to think that gaming on Windows 11 is going to be any different at all, or is this just clickbait?

Literally the only information about Windows 11 I have seen so far is people absurdly angry at each other over aesthetic UI changes. 

There's some hard lines in 'games that broke' between Windows 9X as well as Windows XP.  There's DRM schemes for XP that stopped working with Vista or Win7 even.  Some retro PC gamers (Myself included) maintain 9X and XP machines to play those games without fiddling with hacks or tricks to even get those games working like they should, if you can get them working at all.  Even buying certain classic PC games on Steam can be a hassle due to code being buggy on modern OS's.  However Vista through to 10 have basically maintained game compatibility in a 'It just works' kinda way, so seeing that break would create another line where certain only games will not 'just work' out of the box on Win 11.  It's def worth testing to see if Win11 'breaks' anything for games not updated specifically to run on it.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

On 6/16/2021 at 8:52 PM, jakkuh_t said:

i found out if you mount the iso you can install it with the installer exeimage.png.48ae9d1ff970ff70bb9b05f211441b74.png

12 hours ago, sydh said:

Talk about downgrades. Wow none of that looked compelling at ALL to use. This feels like another W7 situation where it's not worth it to upgrades till forced.

Except with Win7 you had at least somewhat of a choice in the matter, you won't here.

With Win10 having automatic updates, non-commercial Win10 users will be down to low double or even single digits within 6 months after release because most will be pushed over to it, at at which point it's effectively dead to hardware/software manufacturers.

People over estimate how much say they have in the Windows version they run. With forced updates, support can and likely will dry up faster for Win10 than any other version of Windows before it. Think you can hold out? Maybe, but all it takes is a game that needs a driver/firmware update and you're done. If you stick with Windows you will be stuck with the latest version, that's just how it will be from now on and you may as well get used to it.

8 hours ago, Leslieann said:

Except with Win7 you had at least somewhat of a choice in the matter, you won't here.

With Win10 having automatic updates, non-commercial Win10 users will be down to low double or even single digits within 6 months after release because most will be pushed over to it, at at which point it's effectively dead to hardware/software manufacturers.

People over estimate how much say they have in the Windows version they run. With forced updates, support can and likely will dry up faster for Win10 than any other version of Windows before it. Think you can hold out? Maybe, but all it takes is a game that needs a driver/firmware update and you're done. If you stick with Windows you will be stuck with the latest version, that's just how it will be from now on and you may as well get used to it.

'Most' people were forced to W10, 'normies' dont go out their way to upgrade their OS.

What happened was for a long enough period W10 preparation updates were included in W7 automatic updates, resulting in W7 upgrading itself to W10 for most 'normies'. Since they are the majority (we are a minority here, make no mistake) the majority of W7 users ended up with W10 whether they liked it or not. Thats why W10 is so prevalent now.

But yes, ur correct, most likely W11 will be an automatic / semi automatic upgrade for W10 users.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Is this an actual unintentional leak or is this a cynical play by Microsoft to get some excitement behind a  re-skinned and tweaked version of an otherwise unexciting product?

If it's a cynical play, are reviewers just playing along with this? IE, They know full well this wasn't 'leaked' but they'll use that word because that's the narrative MS wants.

If it's a legitimate leak done without Microsoft's willing involvement have reviewers changed their ethical stance on running unlicensed software?

Whichever way, this is a cynical exercise by just about everybody.

7 hours ago, Rex Hite said:

If it's a legitimate leak done without Microsoft's willing involvement have reviewers changed their ethical stance on running unlicensed software?

I was quite shocked to see a LTT video on leaked software. And a sponsored video no less. Beyond ethics I'm pretty sure having possession of this is a violation of the licensing agreement. Microsoft is certainly within their rights to take legal action if this is a genuine leak (but we all know they won't either way.)

4 hours ago, dilpickle said:

I was quite shocked to see a LTT video on leaked software. And a sponsored video no less. Beyond ethics I'm pretty sure having possession of this is a violation of the licensing agreement. Microsoft is certainly within their rights to take legal action if this is a genuine leak (but we all know they won't either way.)

I'm fine if LTT wants to do videos with unlicensed software.That's their business. But when they bring out the fainting couch about how dangerous it is to install software from dubious sources and how scrupulously ethical they are, the video on Windows 11 just throws that under the bus*. They are in the business of making timely videos on hot topics and that supersedes safety and ethics which is fine as far as I'm concerned.

Reminds me of the 90s; Adobe Photoshop was so expensive, powerful and niche and yet everyone had a copy. It's ok.

*Unless MS is in on the leak and LTT and other reviewers are just playing along. But then again; the question of ethical disclosure of that fact.

-= Thread cleaned =-

- This thread is about the "Gaming on LEAKED Windows 11" LTT video

Community standards apply, no name-calling etc is tolerated and trolling is not allowed.

• No harassment, discrimination, or abuse of any kind.
    • This includes insults and accusations (fanboy, troll, shill etc).

No trolling or flame-bait.

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.

Please keep this thread civil and on topic or it will be locked.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2