Gaming on LEAKED Windows 11

jakkuh_t

I was wondering if LTT was going to do a video about this leak. 

I don't know about everyone else, but I've been enjoying Windows 11 so far. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Is there any substantive reason to think that gaming on Windows 11 is going to be any different at all, or is this just clickbait?

Literally the only information about Windows 11 I have seen so far is people absurdly angry at each other over aesthetic UI changes. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I wonder where will this place in the Windows good-bad cycle. Win 10 has kinda mixed reviews as it gets better (?) over updates since launched. Assuming Win 10 is "good" (?) then Win 11 would be...?

If you found my answer to your post helpful, be sure to react or mark it as solution 😄

Looks exactly the same to me?

10 already had workspaces/virtual desktops? The widgets are just the same tiles they had in the start menu, or the new weather news bar whatever that they just added. The window snapping stuff is already in windows or is functionality that's probably already possible through something like Microsoft's powertoys. Software and drivers work out of the box?

Have personally been using windows 11 on my main pc since the leak with almost no issues, apart from some broken ui and drivers. been working great with no crashes so far and performance being as expected. 

i saw in the video that you guys had trouble installing it without use of vm's but i figured that if you install windows 10 (or have it preinstalled) then UPGRADE to windows 11 using the exe file in the iso and keeping all files enabled, it works without vm's. 
Also tried my windows 10 product key on a fresh install in a vm, for some reason that worked.

Capture.PNG

That whole taskbar and start menu thing is way too "macish" for my taste. If I wanted a Mac I'd buy one. They had better fix the whole middle click thing, and right clicking on the task bar. I use those so often it would full stop my productivity. The task bar and start menu in general pisses me off. Good thing for Classic Shell! If it ain't broke, don't fuck with it! I now also have to wonder what will happen to all of the Windows 10 clients I have deployed over the years. Will they just break or will they continue to work long enough to slowly but surely upgrade those clients? I fucking hate change like this.

Honestly I just want to go back to Windows XP. Simpler times those were...

13 minutes ago, JogerJ said:

I wonder where will this place in the Windows good-bad cycle. Win 10 has kinda mixed reviews as it gets better (?) over updates since launched. Assuming Win 10 is "good" (?) then Win 11 would be...?

Maybe the updates are the part of the cycle as ever other update seems to be filled with bugs. Wait that might just be all of them idk. 

Linus: "I don't support piracy"

Also Linus: *Displays the full file without a care*

Equally Linus didn't know about WinKey+Tab on windows 10 for virtual desktops? Yet he knows the keys? WTF 🤣 Guess I've been running W11 since 2016 lol...

image.png.8e70fe871d9ce4aedc2e424ac408f1b4.png

Unless there is a new feature where Display 1 can have 5 Desktops and Display 2 can have 22, but I have my doubts as I wouldn't think anyone would use that, unless they want to hide "stuff" 🙄.

3 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Is there any substantive reason to think that gaming on Windows 11 is going to be any different at all, or is this just clickbait?

Literally the only information about Windows 11 I have seen so far is people absurdly angry at each other over aesthetic UI changes. 

Right now I think what they have (and what was "leaked) is just windows 10 with a facelift, but if W11 actually does happen (it could be just W10 SP1 that costs 💸) I would expect it to ship with all the newest DirectX and maybe Vulkan.

For all we know it could be a "hacked" version with a skin to show up as a windows 11 with a random build, and yes for those who doubt, it can be done.

I wanted to share, if you're getting the "This PC can't run Windows 11" error, you need to enable/activate TPM or FTPM in the BIOS. I have it personally installed on a laptop with a 3rd gen i7. Secure boot must also be enabled. These may not be final requirements, it could be required because this is Dev build. Also, any Windows 10 key works atm with correct version. 

It can be installed on bare metal. I installed it on a nuc with an 11th gen cpu. I found the claims of not being able to run it on bare metal several time annoying.

Does anybody have the iso, I would like to install the OS.

4 hours ago, jakkuh_t said:

3 hours ago, PazonGamer said:

Have personally been using windows 11 on my main pc since the leak with almost no issues, apart from some broken ui and drivers. been working great with no crashes so far and performance being as expected. 

i saw in the video that you guys had trouble installing it without use of vm's but i figured that if you install windows 10 (or have it preinstalled) then UPGRADE to windows 11 using the exe file in the iso and keeping all files enabled, it works without vm's. 
Also tried my windows 10 product key on a fresh install in a vm, for some reason that worked.

Capture.PNG

There's another way according to my research that you have to copy the Install.win from windows 10.iso and replace with the one in the Win 11 installation usb

I just want someone to compare gaming performance between Windows 10 and 11, haha 

PC Setup: 

HYTE Y60 White/Black + Custom ColdZero ventilation sidepanel

Intel Core i7-10700K + Corsair Hydro Series H100x

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 32GB (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3080Ti OC LC

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-G GAMING (Wi-Fi)

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Samsung EVO Plus 1TB

Crucial MX500 2TB

Crucial MX300 1.TB

Corsair HX1200i

Peripherals: 

Samsung Odyssey Neo G9 G95NC 57"

Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 32"

ASUS ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition Wireless

ASUS ROG Claymore II Wireless

ASUS ROG Sheath BLK LTD'

Corsair SP2500

Beyerdynamic TYGR 300R + FiiO K7 DAC/AMP

RØDE VideoMic II + Elgato WAVE Mic Arm

Racing SIM Setup: 

Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Sim Racing Cockpit + Sim-Lab GT1 EVO Single Screen holder

Svive Racing D1 Seat

Samsung Odyssey G9 49"

Simagic Alpha Mini

Simagic GT4 (Dual Clutch)

CSL Elite Pedals V2

Logitech K400 Plus

5 hours ago, Middcore said:

Well, Windows Vista broke app and especially drivers compatibility in a big way compared to XP. So, it was in theory possible that some things would not have worked out of the box.

Although I also understand that nowadays Microsoft is just scared of changing anything substantial on Windows, as compatibility with 20+ years of software is the only reason why people are still using this OS.

I got it working on my I5-3470 | RX570 pc. Been thinking about updating it, but can't afford it. Just gonna go straight to the point, I got it working by going to the .exe file on my windows 10 machine, and just straight up installed it. Just got the safe boot message at first, and had to change it in the BIOS settings.

I've been using it for about a day now, and I haven't noticed anything wrong with it yet. My computer runs windows 11 leaked edition better than windows 10 pro!

Do I recommend it? Definitely, Just gotta have a second pendrive with windows 10 installed on it. also, I activated windows 11 pro by using a windows 10 pro key. it worked!

It's been pretty stable so far and I haven't noticed any glitches or bugs yet. Gonna add some screenshots, and Prove that it literally works on a 3rd gen I5.

Funny, how Linus said "I've tried that on an 7th gen system, 10th gen system and a ryzen system and it didn't work"

it worked second try for me on these pc specs haha.

Have a good one!
221252805_Screenshot2021-06-17100812.thumb.png.0f83ae8486aa5882c7a2b597684545d1.png

2065497861_Screenshot2021-06-17101313.jpg

1254552587_Screenshot2021-06-17101218.jpg

1489316536_Screenshot2021-06-17101022.jpg

6 hours ago, jakkuh_t said:

Hi to whatever works at LTT Media Group, I made a new account specifically for this and I just wanted tell Linus that you can actually run Windows 11 with real hardware with no driver and compatibility issues, in fact I'm running it right now on my main machine.image.thumb.png.6c5b1aa9d700a1ce76ab12a76fb26184.png
Now, to get this working on a real machine without VM or a seperate partition is quite simple.
First of all you must install windows 10 first along with it's drivers and then make sure you have an ISO file containing windows 11
image.thumb.png.348cb699616e30250df37c01f69cecb8.pngand then open the ISO file directly on explorer (you can extract it if you're that one person who likes making life harder) and then instead of using Rufus or anything like that, click on the "setup" file
and you just install it from windows 10 just like when you're upgrading windows directly without a clean install, it will also bypass the minimum requirements and hardware lockdown (I believe that this is a bug or something the developers hasn't gotten around to fix at that windows 11 build everyone talked about)
done! you can use it naturally without virtualized environment and this also meant that you can upgrade your host or main machine from windows 10 to windows 11 while keeping all things intact
I hope this helps.

So, is there actually any improved feature or new features or is it just there so the microsoft devs can say they did something? Everything i saw in the video is already in Windows 10.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

It didn't run bare metal because it needs TPM and possibly Secure Boot enabled.
If you play around with a lot of hardware those usually get switched off pretty fast, especially if you dabble with Linux, Unraid, and things of that nature. Linus was just too excited to try it out to be bothered to find out why it didn't run.

It's mostly a skinned Win10, at least for now.
They did get rid of the last remnants of old control panel. Setup is more fluid and faster, better laid out. It has more Bing/Edge (groan).

Start menu is the biggest change and going to be very divisive, you will either love it or hate it. Some many will hate how it when centered it moves depending on how many apps are running (you can move it to the standard position), others hate how much effort is now required to access the rest of your apps (the button is too far from start button), while others will love the fresh look and interface.

Propably TPM2.0?

CPU collection: i7-6700K, 2x-i7-5960x, i7-3930K, i7-4770K, i7-3770K, i7-2600K, i7-980X  AMD PII X4 965 BE C2, x4 965 BE C3, X4 970 BE, x4 975 BE, x4 980 BE, X6 1090T BE, x6 1100T BE, FX-8120 95W, FX-8120 12W, FX-8150, FX-4300, FX-6300, FX-8300, FX-8320, FX-8350, FX-8370E, FX-8370, FX-9370, FX-9590, A8-3870K, A8-5600K, A10-6800B, A10-6800K, A10-7700K, A10-7850K, A10-7870K, Athlon x4 860K, Athlon 5150. RIIIE, RIVE, RVE, Maximus5Extreme, M6F, M6E, M7H, C4F, C4E, C5F, C5F-Z, Crossblade Ranger

5 hours ago, Dan09xTung78999 said:

There's another way according to my research that you have to copy the Install.win from windows 10.iso and replace with the one in the Win 11 installation usb

I used this method.

My PC doesn't have UEFI bios (pretty old, actually, i7 2670QM).

The pre-install check is made in the WinPE enviroment, and the only thing the WinPE does is load non-native drivers (when you can't see any storage devices and have to manually load a driver, for i.e.), partition/format stuff and extract the install.wim to the drive destination.

You can make it install on bare metal by copying everything except the install.esd or install.wim file from the source folder on a Windows 10 ISO to the source folder on your Windows 11 USB. Just overwrite everything. Btw Win10 Pro keys are working in Win11 Pro.

On my PC (GPU 1060 3GB) the performance is about 1% worse than on latest 10 insider build 😞

I edit my posts more often than not

7 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

On my PC (GPU 1060 3GB) the performance is about 1% worse than on latest 10 insider build 😞

I switched from 10 Insider dev build to 11, and looks smoother on 11, but still worse than 10 stable build.

The big question is ..how much bloat and telemetry is included in this 'W11' vs that of W10 ?

Theres a reason people use custom versions of W10, or LTSC, or even still use W7.

If W11 is going to be enticing, it has to fix the issues of W10.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |