How limit a child's internet time.

I want to limit my son's internet time. Not the screen time because he is doing 3d modeling and photoscans. Please write a suggestion a software preferably

7 minutes ago, Pav071lik said:

I want to limit my son's internet time. Not the screen time because he is doing 3d modeling and photoscans. Please write a suggestion a software preferably

I don't really know anything about this but some of my friends parents have used a device from circle to monitor, manage and limit their screen time. Just go to this link and look around. 

The thing is I don't know how you would be able to limit his internet time but at the same time not limit his screen time without just monitoring him. Like if he has access to the internet for the 3d modeling and photoscan stuff than he can do other stuff on the interent.

I think the circle devices have a thing to only allow certain websites but I do not know for sure. You would just have to read up on that on their website.

WARNING!! THE THINGS I SAY ARE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND MIGHT NOT BE TOTALLY ACCURATE!!

Some routers have cut off times, where you restrict certain devices accessing the net at certain times. They're easy to set up and can help your son better manage and schedule his time.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

In your router settings you should be able to block a Mac address or set time limits. 

I get what you're trying to do but at the same time doing work like 3D modelling it can be very beneficial to have internet since you may have to lookup techniques, controls, documentation etc. I get trying to limit mindless usage of the internet but I think you should look for a solution other than pulling the plug. I don't really have any recommendations for software though since this is something I have never had the need to look into.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

The easiest way is setting up 2 routers, one for your kid (can be a cheap one), the another for the rest family members, and you just unplug your kid's router whenever you want. 

Not sure how you plan to balance 3d modelling and just browsing the internet when ,like mentioned above, one of the best sources for 3d learning of any kind is the internet (especially you tube). Not to mention that most of the standardised parts are available on line for this purpose and you need internet access to actually work, for an example if you are working on any assembly with linear motion you will download exact models of linear rails mono blocks etc that are standardised.