HDMI to DVI-D Pin Out?

TankBall

does anyone know what wires r for sound? i want to cut into the cable so i can have sound when im using my PS3. i use to have a HP monitor with speakers but i killed it the other day now im using a small but nice DELL monitor for the time being until i can get it replaced/RMAed.

22 minutes ago, TankBall said:

does anyone know what wires r for sound? i want to cut into the cable so i can have sound when im using my PS3. i use to have a HP monitor with speakers but i killed it the other day now im using a small but nice DELL monitor for the time being until i can get it replaced/RMAed.

HDMI sends audio in the same way it sends video frames. It's all binary packets across the same interface. There are no "audio" wires only data and clock wires. If you want sound out of your PS3 you can pickup a PS3 AV Multi out cable for like $5-10 canadian rubles off of amazon and then in the settings of the PS3 select AV Multi out as the audio output interface. Additionally, you can use optical out as well independently of HDMI.

edit: further explanation below.

Does HDMI 2.0 Support 1080p 120Hz? Addressing HDMI Questions | GamersNexus  - Gaming PC Builds & Hardware Benchmarks

TMDS data +/- or transmission minimized differentialized signaling is the differential pair data pins.

TMDS clock is for synchronizing those data pins.

CEC is Consumer electronic control which allows one device to control another through HDMI

DDC is a protocol for display recognition. 

So as you can see there are no audio wires contained within an HDMI since everything is digital.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

oh well poo, didnt want to spend more money then i already had. but looks like im going to thx for the help.