Monitor For Video Editing

Vlad N.

Hey, I just want to apologize upfront if I sound stupid or ignorant. I have been trying to do research and it's really hard because most reviewers focus on gaming aspects.

So Here I go, I am an editor and I this is what I want out of a monitor:

• 27 inches
  • usb c input (I would prefer this, it not a requirement)
  • Color accurate (IDK if if should be adobeRGB accurate or PCI-3 [this is where I guess I am kinda un-knowledged])
  • budget of $500-$1500 (if its closer to the $500 then I can get two)

I am looking at Asus 27" pro art pa279cv, and I also like the lg 5k 27MD5KL. My questions is are both monitor just as color accurate and are you paying a premium because apple sells it ands its 5k?

And Should I focus on adobeRGB accurate or PCI-3?

Thank you for the help in advance

AdobeRGB is normally used for photo editing. When you're talking about video grading, sRGB and DCI-P3 are important. sRGB is the standard color space for SDR content nowadays, P3 is used for HDR grading. So depending on what color space you need to work in you might not even need a wide-gamut monitor.

Also, i strongly suggest to use some of your budget and also get a i1Display Pro to calibrate your display for consistent results. Imo this is a requirement if you want to use the monitor professionally.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

11 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

AdobeRGB is normally used for photo editing. When you're talking about video grading, sRGB and DCI-P3 are important. sRGB is the standard color space for SDR content nowadays, P3 is used for HDR grading. So depending on what color space you need to work in you might not even need a wide-gamut monitor.

Also, i strongly suggest to use some of your budget and also get a i1Display Pro to calibrate your display for consistent results. Imo this is a requirement if you want to use the monitor professionally.

Yeah I bought a datacolor Spyder 5 Pro

3 hours ago, Vlad N. said:

Yeah I bought a datacolor Spyder 5 Pro

If you still can, return it. I had one and it's very inconsistent across different monitors and not even very accurate for only one monitor. And if your calibration device is inaccurate it pretty much makes the whole thing useless. That's why i recommended the i1Display Pro.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.