KVM-Switch, CS:GO, FPS-Drops, really weird behavior

crzp

Hi folks,

i really need your help, because this is so special, i didn't even find anything remotely close to my problem via google.

I have recently started a new job and for that i got a kvm switch to switch between my work PC and my gaming PC.

I got this, an UNICLASS AP-532PSK (https://kvm-switch.de/de/AP-532PSK.html) because i needed one with dual display-port.

Its supposed to work with up to 144hz in 2560x1440 and 60hz in 4k. 

Now,

when i run cs:go (in 1920x1080) and play a match, i occasionally notice "lags". It feels like the refresh rate from my monitor was reset to 60hz or lower.

Also my Logitech g 915 starts blinking red, although it should light up according to the game settings (only the active/bound keys light up), which it does before and after the described behavior. 

This behavior stays until the next round starts. By then the refresh rate is back up, and my keyboard looks normal. 

It feels like the kvm switch is defaulting back to some default minimal settings for a short time?!

i doubt that my PC specs have to anything with it, because this is new and only happening over the kvm switch, but here are they anyway:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

g.skill trident z neo 2x16gb ddr4-4000 

ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super

Samsung 980 Pro

I'm running Windows 10 Education N on the latest patch 20H2

(maybe windows education doesn't play nice with kvm switch?)

latest NVIDIA driver (466.77)

also the Logitech g-hub software

what i've tried so far:

1) disabled g-sync

- did not help

2) set my desktop refresh rate to constant 144hz, because setting this via launch options with -freq 144 did nothing

- at least the game starts now with 144hz.

3) tried to contact the supplier of the kvm-switch

- the tech support had no clue (maybe the manufacture might?)

i have no clue what to do next.

and since i want to keep my work and gaming stuff seperate, i need this to work. 

i dont have the space to setup two different dual monitor setups.

if anyone has some insights, please share. 

sincerely,

chris