update to Bios 7C02vH5 (B450 Tomahawk Max II)

As of yesterday, I'm using a B450 Tomahawk Max II with a Ryzen 3400g processor. Corsair DDR4 3000MHz 16GB, H.00 -Combo-AM4 1.0.0.6 is my Bios.

Is it recommended to upgrade to 7C02vH5? Concerning this APU, HW mix, what do the owners and the experts here recommend?

Thank you for any advice.

Antec VP650PM/ R7 1700 (w/MasterLiquid Lite 120)/ GA-AB350-Gaming 3 (BIOS F25)/ 16GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2400Mhz/ Rtx 2060 / 232GB Samsung 750 Evo (OS),525GB Crucial MX500 (Games),  2TB WD Blue / LG 22MP68VQ-P

Read the notes for the bios. 

Does it have anything that would benefit your configuration? Does it fix some critical issues, does it claim to fix something you're actually experiencing and you're bothered by it? 

If the answer is no, then I'd leave it be. 

8 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Read the notes for the bios. 

Does it have anything that would benefit your configuration? Does it fix some critical issues, does it claim to fix something you're actually experiencing and you're bothered by it? 

If the answer is no, then I'd leave it be. 

I see. I am only wondering about the USB portion. I have no idea what the new AGESA does.

7C02vH5:

- Update to ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.2
- Improved USB device compatibility

The one before that, 2020:

- Updated AMD AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.0
- Optimized and support AMD Ryzen 5000 series processors.
- Optimized Resizable BAR (Re-Size BAR) function with NVidia Graphics cards.
- Improved AM4 processor compatibility

Mine is dated 2019.

Antec VP650PM/ R7 1700 (w/MasterLiquid Lite 120)/ GA-AB350-Gaming 3 (BIOS F25)/ 16GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2400Mhz/ Rtx 2060 / 232GB Samsung 750 Evo (OS),525GB Crucial MX500 (Games),  2TB WD Blue / LG 22MP68VQ-P

You have a 3400g which is Zen+ generation (like Ryzen 2600 and others in the 2xxx family). 

2020 version may be worth updating to, but it doesn't seem to have anything you'd care about except that "improved am4 processor compatibility"  and the agesa update. 

You don't have a 5000 series cpu and i don't think resizable bar support works with your cpu and the 3400g processor is old and well known , doubtful the improved compatibility gives any benefit to you and your configuration. 

And the newest bios... only if you have problems with your usb ports ... like mouse disconnecting and reconnecting, or slowing down, any other usb devices with issues? I wouldn't update to it unless I have usb issues.

USB issues. When I first plugged in my printer the pc took ages to boot and shutdown from a specific port. When I removed it things were normal. I've recently read about such issues with this board. 

After that my mouse disappeared, then after reboot recognised and disconnected over and over. Some Usb ports refused to work. My mouse stopped working altogether after the torture!

After these issues I had no option but to flash the Bios where it says 'Improved USB device compatibility' and just to be sure disabled usb select suspend settings. Waiting to see if everything is working for a sustained period of time...

Edited by DependantPCEnthusiast
Change in HW situation; issues.