GPU Stuck At 139MHz

1 minute ago, Darkseth said:

Is this Screen during Gaming?

Temperatures are way too hot. GPU should absolutely NOT hit 88°C when it only runs at 0,6750 Volt and 139 Mhz, not even during Gaming.

Maybe it's temperatures after all, limiting it to the lowest state because the temperatures are at the highest allowed threshold. However, it shouldn't be.

This looks like something's wrong with the Cooling System.

And this doesn't look like it's anything with Thermal paste, as this doesn't do more than a few single °C difference usually. Unless anything is wrong...

Maybe a screw is lose / broke?

Are the Fans working?

Can you reboot the System, not open ANY Game or Application, and post the same GPU-Z Picture again? I kinda want to check how these Temperatures are, after it was just sitting there in Idle for 5-10 Minutes.

I think this refers to this one

14 minutes ago, HyperPalBuddy said:

Yeah, I did just that, and still no change

this is what i get in GPU-Ztemp.gif.daa22a4ae7d0fe2f3f74f7c0c0a811b5.gif

and yeah imma restart my laptop now and get you the stats

2 minutes ago, HyperPalBuddy said:

I think this refers to this one

and yeah imma restart my laptop now and get you the stats

It does say in the picture that the Performance cap reason is thermal. So it most likely is locking the GPU at the lowest clocks it can because of overheating. What is your laptop's brand / model?

19 minutes ago, Stockholmes said:

It does say in the picture that the Performance cap reason is thermal. So it most likely is locking the GPU at the lowest clocks it can because of overheating. What is your laptop's brand / model?

I have a ASUS ROG STRIX G531GD

26 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Is this Screen during Gaming?

Temperatures are way too hot. GPU should absolutely NOT hit 88°C when it only runs at 0,6750 Volt and 139 Mhz, not even during Gaming.

Maybe it's temperatures after all, limiting it to the lowest state because the temperatures are at the highest allowed threshold. However, it shouldn't be, i've really never seen such a behaviour. If it's really because of the Temperature, it should still boost up, and throttle as soon a high temperature is hit. But not be stuck at there at all times.

This looks like something's wrong with the Cooling System. Or maybe some Bios update, or GPU Driver bug

And this doesn't look like it's anything with Thermal paste, as this doesn't do more than a few single °C difference usually. Unless anything is wrong...

Maybe a screw is lose / broke?

Are the Fans working?

Can you reboot the System, not open ANY Game or Application, and post the same GPU-Z Picture again? I kinda want to check how these Temperatures are, after it was just sitting there in Idle for 5-10 Minutes.

I guess, you don't have any warranty anymore?

Edit: Oh a new picture. That is really just idle?

But at the least, it does switch Powerstate, and has 607 Mhz.

But 85°C GPU during idle is just waaaay too much, even if the Fan was off.

Hey, here is what you asked

2.gif

8 hours ago, HyperPalBuddy said:

this is what i get in GPU-Ztemp.gif.daa22a4ae7d0fe2f3f74f7c0c0a811b5.gif

Your laptop cooling solution is fked up. Time to do cleaning and repaste.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128