Does Msi cover user mistakes on motherboards?

I may have fucked up, one of these cylindrical things got bent while i was cleaning my pc, I don't remember bumping into it. My pc is now not booting, debug led shows cpu

Will my warranty cover this? I can't afford a new motherboard right now.

IMG_20210616_131645.jpg

Feel free to @ me if you have any questions!
Please press the button if you think my advice was helpful! Thanks!

"Min-Maxing may not always be the best thing to do, but I will always try." - Me, 2021

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-Zotac gtx 970 (the wimpy version)
-256gb V-gen nvme ssd (@ me if you want to know how I gave my P67 board NVME support)
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

2 minutes ago, MrP6k said:

I may have fucked up, one of these cylindrical things got bent while i was cleaning my pc, I don't remember bumping into it. My pc is now not booting, debug led shows cpu

IMG_20210616_131645.jpg

Manufacturers rarely cover user caused damage... unless you're a large scale customer who bought extended warranties, then they might overlook it. HP may or may not have covered liquid damaged laptops for us in the past (shushhh). 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, MrP6k said:

Warranty only covers manufacture faults nots user cause faults.

MSI's warranty coverage/support is spotty at the best of times, and unfortunately no company will cover user damage. If you have the skills and tools, you could try soldering that capacitor back on, but otherwise it's a dead board. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

No, most likely they won't fix or replace the board for such issues that are obvious human errors. 

The round things are capacitors and can be bought separately and installed by any service center / phone repair place /  a regular person with a decent soldering iron. 

If it's bent, you probably damaged its internals and now there could be a short circuit between the leads of the components. If this is the case, you may actually be able to get your motherboard working again by pulling that component completely off the board and making sure the leads coming out the motherboard don't touch. 

The capacitors in that row are all in parallel and act like a single big capacitor, with better technical specs than individual small ones. one missing capacitor won't cause any problems, there's some tolerance there. 

make sure you didn't actually scratch or cut traces on the board.

If interested, I can give you links to stores where you can buy replacement capacitor compatible with your motherboard and you can then go with that capacitor and your motherboard to a service place or someone that's good with a soldering iron and they can install the capacitor on the motherboard.

11 minutes ago, mariushm said:

No, most likely they won't fix or replace the board for such issues that are obvious human errors. 

The round things are capacitors and can be bought separately and installed by any service center / phone repair place /  a regular person with a decent soldering iron. 

If it's bent, you probably damaged its internals and now there could be a short circuit between the leads of the components. If this is the case, you may actually be able to get your motherboard working again by pulling that component completely off the board and making sure the leads coming out the motherboard don't touch. 

The capacitors in that row are all in parallel and act like a single big capacitor, with better technical specs than individual small ones. one missing capacitor won't cause any problems, there's some tolerance there. 

make sure you didn't actually scratch or cut traces on the board.

If interested, I can give you links to stores where you can buy replacement capacitor compatible with your motherboard and you can then go with that capacitor and your motherboard to a service place or someone that's good with a soldering iron and they can install the capacitor on the motherboard.

I live in indonesia and i don't know any trustable motherboard repair shops. Is there any way for me to lie to an rma? Or is my only option to buy a new motherboard or find a repair shop?

"Min-Maxing may not always be the best thing to do, but I will always try." - Me, 2021

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-256gb V-gen nvme ssd (@ me if you want to know how I gave my P67 board NVME support)
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

3 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Do u have a multimeter could u check if the cap u hit is shorted ? 

I do not own a multimeter unfortunately

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

Just now, MrP6k said:

I do not own a multimeter unfortunately

mhh hard to check if its dmg or not then is it loose or still in place 

4 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

mhh hard to check if its dmg or not then is it loose or still in place 

It is now taller than the other capacitors, got bent towards the heatsink in the picture

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

4 minutes ago, MrP6k said:

It is now taller than the other capacitors, got bent towards the heatsink in the picture

pretty amazed that this killed the board i mean those caps belong to the cpu power so ye it did but dayum 😄 if the cap is really putting a short on u could try to just remove it like the other guy said and see if that helps u really dont know anyone with a multimeter so u could check if its even shorted 

1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

pretty amazed that this killed the board i mean those caps belong to the cpu power so ye it did but dayum 😄 if the cap is really putting a short on u could try to just remove it like the other guy said and see if that helps u really dont know anyone with a multimeter so u could check if its even shorted 

I have no idea how to remove a capcitor, not an electrician 😅

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

3 minutes ago, MrP6k said:

I have no idea how to remove a capcitor, not an electrician 😅

i mean u dont have to be a electrician to remove smth 😄 Do u atleast have a simple soldering iron haha 

Btw did u by any chance hit the cpu cooler aswell ? maybe u should try to reseat the cpu first since u get a cpu error maybe that cap isnt even the Problem ^^ 

Just now, xhackforeverxdx said:

i mean u dont have to be a electrician to remove smth 😄 Do u atleast have a simple soldering iron haha 

Btw did u by any chance hit the cpu cooler aswell ? maybe u should try to reseat the cpu first since u get a cpu error maybe that cap isnt even the Problem ^^ 

I do have one that's just a metal stick and a wooden handle with a plug

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

3 minutes ago, MrP6k said:

I do have one that's just a metal stick and a wooden handle with a plug

thats all u need tbh just heat the 2 pins of the cap from the back and pull it out but like i said pls try removing the cpu first and putting it back in ^^ 

7 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

thats all u need tbh just heat the 2 pins of the cap from the back and pull it out but like i said pls try removing the cpu first and putting it back in ^^ 

Alright, I'll update you guys after i do

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r

Try to RMA it. Push the cap back down so it's not so obvious. Chances are they're not going to spend much time checking it.

Just pull on the capacitor either with your fingers or with some pliers (make sure they don't slip and scratch something or worse). If you wish, gently twist left and right as you pull. The internals will pop out eventually or the leads will weaken from the repeated twisting and the capacitor will come off. 

The leads can remain soldered, just trim them as short as possible - get some nail clippers or some sharp scissors and simply cut the leads close to the board and make sure the two leads don't touch. 

No need to mess around with soldering iron especially if it's a low quality one or you don't have skills - that area has a lot of copper which sucks heat, so if you don't have a good soldering iron it will be quite difficult to desolder the capacitor. 

You have nothing to lose, worse case scenario the motherboard still won't work. The remaining short leads will be even easier to desolder and then you can solder new capacitor there, or (NOT recommended) could solder a capacitor on top of the board to the remaining leads. But again, not recommended, the leads MUST be as short as possible even half a cm of extra leads on top of the board between a working capacitor and the motherboard may cause instability. 

3 hours ago, MrP6k said:

IMG_20210616_131645.jpg

you can ask them today when they do their livestream on twitch and youtube in a little less than 4 hours from now.

Alright, so i reseated the cpu.

It didn't light up any leds at first, but stilld doesn't display. Then from the second boot on it just lights up the cpu debug led again

PC specs:
-i5 2500k
-TP67B+
-1tb wd blue hdd
-Corsair CX550
-MSI Mag forge 100r