2.1 hdmi 4k monitors

Psycrovv

Im gona buy a 2.1 hdmi 4 k monitor, but i am in great doubt.

Also i cant find any good videos on these monitors.

Did Linus make a rewiev of these ?

or some compare videos ? or to soon ?

Im looking at these :

https://www.gigabyte.com/Monitor/M28U#kf  I like this cuz it has his multi switch system

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27gp950-b-gaming-monitor Looks fancy with that RGB

https://store.acer.com/en-sg/new-4k-gaming-monitor-with-hdmi-2-1-nitro-xv282k-kv  Im not a acer fanboy but ready to give it a try

And i have my radar on the ones from ASUS but then again ther support is the worst service you can think on..its hell !

So maybe i should try and avoud asus and give one of these 3 a chance ?

I just want a 4 k 2.1 hdmi non curved gaming monitor, but im not sure what to look on from the spec side.

Some has 10000 giganitz and others use realtimefree gigawats or has the newest gazoink system installed. 😄

And some use real black and others fake black..and can emulate non glow or has RGB...so hard to choose

33 minutes ago, Psycrovv said:

Im gona buy a 2.1 hdmi 4 k monitor, but i am in great doubt.

Also i cant find any good videos on these monitors.

Did Linus make a rewiev of these ?

or some compare videos ? or to soon ?

Im looking at these :

https://www.gigabyte.com/Monitor/M28U#kf  I like this cuz it has his multi switch system

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27gp950-b-gaming-monitor Looks fancy with that RGB

https://store.acer.com/en-sg/new-4k-gaming-monitor-with-hdmi-2-1-nitro-xv282k-kv  Im not a acer fanboy but ready to give it a try

And i have my radar on the ones from ASUS but then again ther support is the worst service you can think on..its hell !

So maybe i should try and avoud asus and give one of these 3 a chance ?

I just want a 4 k 2.1 hdmi non curved gaming monitor, but im not sure what to look on from the spec side.

Some has 10000 giganitz and others use realtimefree gigawats or has the newest gazoink system installed. 😄

And some use real black and others fake black..and can emulate non glow or has RGB...so hard to choose

If blu-ray does 4k (which I think it does) there should be a bunch.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I have the LG 27GN850, which is basically exactly the same as the 27GP950 but without HDMI 2.1.

It's a great 4K gaming montor.

If you can find a 27GP950 anywhere then i'd go for it.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Specwise, they are all the same (typically), none of them have anything close to true black (contrast and peak brightness tends to be the only differentiation betwen models - but even so the differences are very small) 

Manufactuerer's warranty, size, price, feature and asthetic tends to be the the criteria I used when looking for a new monitor. Adaptive Sync tends not to be made equal among the manufacturers so that'll be the first thing that I will take a look. Other than that something with decent HDR (HDR600 or close to) would be a plus, particularly if you don't have a TV to otherwise play a HDR content on, some less known feature like the support for 24p (for if you want to watch a Bluray film) would probably worth some consideration.

But for Gigabyte model in particular, you should also check if it has BRG or RGB subpixel. BRG subpixel will cause text to become blurry in some application and at best it will just not looks as sharp as with the native RGB. Not a deal breaker, but a huge downgrade for anything smaller than 40 inch, if the monitor use BRG it better be dirt cheap compared to anything with a similar spec

3 hours ago, e22big said:

Specwise, they are all the same (typically), none of them have anything close to true black (contrast and peak brightness tends to be the only differentiation betwen models - but even so the differences are very small) 

Manufactuerer's warranty, size, price, feature and asthetic tends to be the the criteria I used when looking for a new monitor. Adaptive Sync tends not to be made equal among the manufacturers so that'll be the first thing that I will take a look. Other than that something with decent HDR (HDR600 or close to) would be a plus, particularly if you don't have a TV to otherwise play a HDR content on, some less known feature like the support for 24p (for if you want to watch a Bluray film) would probably worth some consideration.

But for Gigabyte model in particular, you should also check if it has BRG or RGB subpixel. BRG subpixel will cause text to become blurry in some application and at best it will just not looks as sharp as with the native RGB. Not a deal breaker, but a huge downgrade for anything smaller than 40 inch, if the monitor use BRG it better be dirt cheap compared to anything with a similar spec

Can you help me look if that gigabyte monitor used RGB or BRG

19 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

If blu-ray does 4k (which I think it does) there should be a bunch.

Can you turn off the rgb ring behind as an option ?

30 minutes ago, Psycrovv said:

Can you turn off the rgb ring behind as an option ?

? I don’t understand.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

11 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I have the LG 27GN850, which is basically exactly the same as the 27GP950 but without HDMI 2.1.

It's a great 4K gaming montor.

If you can find a 27GP950 anywhere then i'd go for it.

Can you turn the rgb ring off ? or only dim it

12 hours ago, Psycrovv said:

Can you turn the rgb ring off ? or only dim it

You can completely turn it off.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

-deleted- 

Edited by Bombastinator

There is only one choice here.

LG 27GP950-B: I like this one. 

M28U Gaming Monitor: Only 8 bit so no. 

Nitro XV282K KV: It has FreeSync Premium. This would be great if the monitor was a lot cheaper. 

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

5 hours ago, jones177 said:

There is only one choice here.

LG 27GP950-B: I like this one. 

M28U Gaming Monitor: Only 8 bit so no. 

Nitro XV282K KV: It has FreeSync Premium. This would be great if the monitor was a lot cheaper. 

Damm i dident see the 8 bit only on the gigabyte one..thx mann you saved me a bullet 😄

Hmm i have my eyes on the LG

I know Asus will come up with a sexy looking monitor aswell and i do like the design of ther monitors but my god i hate ther support.

So im trying to avoid asus for now until they redeem them self !

So until now acer or LG ?

The LG has: NVIDIA® G-SYNC® Compatible with AMD FreeSync™ Premium Pro

Isent that better ?

2 hours ago, Psycrovv said:

Damm i dident see the 8 bit only on the gigabyte one..thx mann you saved me a bullet 😄

Hmm i have my eyes on the LG

I know Asus will come up with a sexy looking monitor aswell and i do like the design of ther monitors but my god i hate ther support.

So im trying to avoid asus for now until they redeem them self !

So until now acer or LG ?

The LG has: NVIDIA® G-SYNC® Compatible with AMD FreeSync™ Premium Pro

Isent that better ?

I like the LGs features. I am hoping for a 32" version since it will replace a 32" monitor.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

28 minutes ago, jones177 said:

I like the LGs features. I am hoping for a 32" version since it will replace a 32" monitor.

As I remember there’s a several hundred dollar difference between 27” and 32”. It has to do with how many panels they can get out of a sheet and whether or not there is any waste.  Such things change with manufacturing systems though

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

As I remember there’s a several hundred dollar difference between 27” and 32”. It has to do with how many panels they can get out of a sheet and whether or not there is any waste.  Such things change with manufacturing systems though

I use a lot of apps that don't scale so to see the text on a 27" 4k monitor I have to set Widows to 200%.  That defeats the purpose of using 4k.  At 32" it is a non issues.

For gaming I use 55" OLED TVs so I like big displays.   

2 hours ago, jones177 said:

I use a lot of apps that don't scale so to see the text on a 27" 4k monitor I have to set Widows to 200%.  That defeats the purpose of using 4k.  At 32" it is a non issues.

For gaming I use 55" OLED TVs so I like big displays.   

Just pointing it out.  I agree about the 4k thing.  I read somewhere that 4k only became truly needed above 100”.  Old data though.  That source also said anything over 90fps was higher than people could see.  I suspect there is more variation than they take into account.

Edited by Bombastinator