No Input Device Detected - Microphones

W41K3R_66894

So I have a Dell Inspiron 5590 laptop... there were some windows updates which I did today... and later during a zoom meeting i see dat the system aint detecting any input device... not the inbuilt, neither stereo, n not even the headset mic... i tried many things possib le like updating bios and driver... but it seems like nothing worked... tried lots of shit and idk what else to do... so if anybody can help me... plz do... 'm exhausted...

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the realtek audio driver program?
also in device manager have you scanned for devices? if not right click and select scan devices

I think that realtek audio is supposed to be on device manager, which pretty much understands the reason why your microphone is not working...
are you experiencing any problem with your speakers?

I'm currently having a similar problem. I finished my build today and updated windows and all the drivers but my mic still isn't working. I've removed the drivers and downloaded the new one on the Gigabyte website but to no avail. 

Windows is picking up my mic but in the "sounds" menu there is no input when I speak. I've also granted Microphone access in the settings menu. 

i've checked the connection on my motherboard but that is secure, and when I plug the 3.5mm jack in the rear I/O there's also no input. 

Audio output is fine though which makes me think that there must be something wrong with the drivers. My headphones work fine on my laptop (including mic). 

image.png.58151c6d2fcd35b4a8e48d126acb673f.png

image.png.95467df59a4797f48e47dcc2e42a8e83.png

14 hours ago, Taikonaut said:

I'm currently having a similar problem. I finished my build today and updated windows and all the drivers but my mic still isn't working. I've removed the drivers and downloaded the new one on the Gigabyte website but to no avail. 

Windows is picking up my mic but in the "sounds" menu there is no input when I speak. I've also granted Microphone access in the settings menu. 

i've checked the connection on my motherboard but that is secure, and when I plug the 3.5mm jack in the rear I/O there's also no input. 

Audio output is fine though which makes me think that there must be something wrong with the drivers. My headphones work fine on my laptop (including mic). 

image.png.58151c6d2fcd35b4a8e48d126acb673f.png

image.png.95467df59a4797f48e47dcc2e42a8e83.png

I installed some new drivers and all... later my laptop went into gsod loop... had to reinstall windows and again new drivers... well it works fine now so yea

I'm running the latest version of windows, which I literally installed yesterday. I might try reinstalling if that helps the problem. 

After the reinstall your mic is working properly?

image.png.6a5ff8d09f5bf6c0a3f4a157f1f670ac.png

Yes, for Dell 5590, the drivers provided by Microsoft update screwed up big time. Had to restore the PC. And it doesn't happen on Dell Inspiron 5590, but Latitude XX70, XX80 and XX90. Though I'm not sure if XX00 are affected.

Just use restore to earlier date (where Windows install the update), should be no problem.

I believe this could affect Intel Driver as well. I experienced a laptop that kept on shutting down by itself when Windows boot up after a few minutes.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

23 hours ago, Taikonaut said:

I'm running the latest version of windows, which I literally installed yesterday. I might try reinstalling if that helps the problem. 

After the reinstall your mic is working properly?

image.png.6a5ff8d09f5bf6c0a3f4a157f1f670ac.png

I had updated windows few days ago before i got the mic problems... so i got some drivers and then gsod all messed up things... but yeah now mic's working properly... no issues

image.png

23 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Yes, for Dell 5590, the drivers provided by Microsoft update screwed up big time. Had to restore the PC. And it doesn't happen on Dell Inspiron 5590, but Latitude XX70, XX80 and XX90. Though I'm not sure if XX00 are affected.

Just use restore to earlier date (where Windows install the update), should be no problem.

I believe this could affect Intel Driver as well. I experienced a laptop that kept on shutting down by itself when Windows boot up after a few minutes.

restoring or resetting the laptop didn't work man... i was like bruh at least lemme just reset it... it didnt reset even when i chose to delete all the files and reset... well this was during the gsod not before it... 

9 hours ago, W41K3R_66894 said:

restoring or resetting the laptop didn't work man...

Ah, I see. I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I remember last time I just use restore and it work. Still the problem of restoring is it take too much time.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.