Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows 11 leak [General megathread]

Message added by Spotty,

Do not take this as an opportunity to post inflammatory remarks over operating systems or to argue over which operating system is the best. Treat others with respect, be excellent to each other and don't be a dick.

Discussing the news of the leak and the features that are present in it is fine but we do not allow distribution of copyrighted software, including linking to third party download sites. Do not post guides or links to download or otherwise obtain the leaked copy of Windows 11.

if they fix taskmanager being black or grey, thats all im asking for.. A fully functioning black or grey dark mode thats ACTUALLY dark.

ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 3600 at 4GHz/1.2vMasterLiquid ML360R RGB | MSI GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti SUPRIM X | Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 (2x 8GB) 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1000x | Intel 600p - 256 GB (M.2) | Samsung EVO 850 - 500 GB | Samsung EVO Pro 850 - 250 GB Fractal Design R6 Black (Silent) | 3x FractalDesign Dynamic X2 GW-14 & 3x CoolerMaster 120mm "RGB"

Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7 240hz/1ms, ACER Predator XB271H A 144hz/1ms. (Yeah i sold the Philips 273ELH to a friend XD)

Car(s): Volvo V70 D3 2016

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, n0stalghia said:

As long as it has a functional control panel and doesn't kill the compatibility, what do I care what the UI looks like.

To be honest at this point, I'd rather have the entire control panel or the Settings app removed in favor of something more unified. It's so dumb that this is still a thing and I hope they'll fix it eventually. All I want to see is actual innovation coming from Microsoft, not this continuous legacy support that keeps progress behind. They can always make a compatibility layer (like one exists now) but more enhanced if people still want to use old software. 

Desktops

 

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Slottr said:

People want progress but hate change

If they were going to change something, at least change more than a "fixed" version of windows 10.

But I guess that is all microsoft is doing, and better at supporting developers but in gaming rather than their old ass softwares and MS everything with updates compared to making it just "work". Maybe windows 11 will change that, but doubtful. *releases 12 and another version soon after*

 

Also if the change is going to be like "lets be like all the other OS (apple) out there while still sucking at the job they do".

Edited by Quackers101
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Master Delta Chief said:

To be honest at this point, I'd rather have the entire control panel or the Settings app removed in favor of something more unified. It's so dumb that this is still a thing and I hope they'll fix it eventually. All I want to see is actual innovation coming from Microsoft, not this continuous legacy support that keeps progress behind. They can always make a compatibility layer (like one exists now) but more enhanced if people still want to use old software. 

My biggest gripe with the Setting menu is, it's too monochrome - it always takes me like two minutes to find out where I need to go. Control panel had different-colored icons, so it was way easier to find categories.

 

So basically, color it/split it into useful groups instead of one gigantic scrollable list and I'm going to be happy.

I like cute animal pics.

Way too much hardware to list it here. Just check my profile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Disable CSM, enable Secure Boot.

Secure Boot now a requirement? If so, that explains lack of legacy/BIOS support (UEFI only).

 

Anyone know what the system requirements are if documented within the developers sphere?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it. 

 

I like it even more that it has upset people that have been whining about how windows 10 ui is shit and they need to have consistent design. "I want change.... But not this change" people will never be happy.

 

Also basing an entire opinion off a single window/screenshot, is exactly the kind of level of pathetic I expect from people here when it comes to anything related to MS or windows. 

🌲🌲🌲

Judge the product by its own merits, not by the Company that created it.

 

Don't dilute <good thing> by always trying to focus on, and drag conversation back to, <bad thing>.

🌲🌲🌲

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, StDragon said:

Secure Boot now a requirement? If so, that explains lack of legacy/BIOS support (UEFI only).

 

Anyone know what the system requirements are if documented within the developers sphere?

I had to use the windows 10 preset for a vm, i cant run it on my system.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arika S said:

Also basing an entire opinion off a single window/screenshot, is exactly the kind of level of pathetic I expect from people here when it comes to anything related to MS or windows. 

its not a single screenshot anymore. 
The whole os is online, im installing it to vm now to check it out.

Though I dont know why I cant install it to my system nativly.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I like it. 

 

I like it even more that it has upset people that have been whining about how windows 10 ui is shit and they need to have consistent design. "I want change.... But not this change" people will never be happy.

 

Also basing an entire opinion off a single window/screenshot, is exactly the kind of level of pathetic I expect from people here when it comes to anything related to MS or windows. 

Of course I'm going to be mad about a new version of the most common malware in the world

Main Computer

Manjaro Linux  ||||  Intel Xeon E3-1231v3  ||||    Radeon RX 460   ||||  32GB DDR3-1866   ||||  MSI SLI Krait Edition Z97s   ||||  Antec Signature 600w

500GB Samung 840EVO |  240GB Sandisk SSD Plus

 

Laptop - Lenovo Y700

Ubuntu   |||   Intel Core i7-6700HQ  |||   8GB DDR4-2133   |||   GeForce GTX 960m

120GB SSD

 

Windows Gaming PC

Windows 10 Pro  |||   Intel Core i7-10700k  |||   32GB DDR4-3600  |||   GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER  |||   MSI z490 A-Pro  |||   EVGA Supernova G2 650w 80+ Gold

120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM

 

Bedroom HTPC - Optiplex 790 SFF

Lubuntu  ||||   Intel Core i5-2400   ||||   8GB DDR3-1333

120GB SSD

 

Living Room HTPC

Lubuntu  |||  Intel Core i3-4170  |||  8GB DDR3-1333

120GB SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I like it even more that it has upset people that have been whining about how windows 10 ui is shit and they need to have consistent design. "I want change.... But not this change" people will never be happy.

To me, it just confirms what they want windows to be.

Also can one ever be happy with what microsoft is doing? From their dedicated software, locked software, forced features, making your life more difficult.

Like how they trying to change windows 10, while there is a lot that could be good about windows 11 and if they actually remove crap on release.

Else some might feel like this could have been an update to windows 10 already? Since it feels like they never finished windows 10.

Also that more people might like it, if they could make two versions of it and not doing a trendy thing that phones have done.

 

One simple version of windows, while another is less bloated UI, with more "real" information on screen like older OS's, ofc with a newer look and UI that still could show and do more than current/future one.

 

Also it's easy to rant about microsoft, and how they often get disliked for doing too little or different while being one of the major players and owns quite a bit.

From what is used on workplaces and so on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I like it even more that it has upset people that have been whining about how windows 10 ui is shit and they need to have consistent design. "I want change.... But not this change" people will never be happy.

Well, that's right. It does require a consistent design to make sure it's properly usable. This includes the Control Panel fiasco that's been going on for ages. The current changes that we can see rn looks a bit mediocre at best, but that remains to be seen till it's released. 

Desktops

 

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the look of Windows Vista, and you can't change my mind that Aero Glass is beautiful. I also don't mind the interface, look, and feel of Ubuntu, though. Just like with everything, there are people who will hate it and people that will love it. Honestly, I don't like it very much, but if there's a way to get it looking as close to Windows 10 as possible, I'll go that route.

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Master Delta Chief said:

Well, that's right. It does require a consistent design to make sure it's properly usable. This includes the Control Panel fiasco that's been going on for ages. The current changes that we can see rn looks a bit mediocre at best, but that remains to be seen till it's released. 

Seriously, it's very, very bothersome to have half the settings split between Settings and Control Panel, but nearly everything you can do in Settings you can do in Control Panel much easier, but with a less flashy, modern look.

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Seriously, it's very, very bothersome to have half the settings split between Settings and Control Panel, but nearly everything you can do in Settings you can do in Control Panel much easier, but with a less flashy, modern look.

can't forget BING and MS account 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Microsoft are just messing with stuff at this point. They should learn from their past mistakes with Win 8 that messing with the Start Menu will always be unpopular with most users. It works and everyone knows how to use it so removing it or making radical changes will just get a load of bad PR. They only do this to justify their existence, same reason every website is redesigned every 6 months for no reason just to justify web developers existance. MS are doing the same here. Win 10 works fine. They should have stuck with the original plan to just do minor updates for W10 for ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Quackers101 said:

can't forget BING and MS account 🙂

Well that's pretty useful for me actually, I use Bing. And I use an online account, sue me. 

Yes Bing falls short in some areas, but the Microsoft Rewards is pretty nice. I've bought a couple cheap USB hubs, keyboards, mice, etc with the points and almost won an Xbox controller in some sweepstakes. I also make games for Roblox, and you need to pay a small Robux fee to include purchaseable items in your games, and I can afford that by searching for a week or so on Bing.

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ar558a said:

Microsoft are just messing with stuff at this point. They should learn from their past mistakes with Win 8 that messing with the Start Menu will always be unpopular with most users. It works and everyone knows how to use it so removing it or making radical changes will just get a load of bad PR. They only do this to justify their existence, same reason every website is redesigned every 6 months for no reason just to justify web developers existance. MS are doing the same here. Win 10 works fine. They should have stuck with the original plan to just do minor updates for W10 for ever.

Yep, yep, yep. But what does Windows 11 get? Press attention. It almost feels like they're doing it literally just for the attention. Not even adding much. Literally every NT-based Windows version has been fundamentally the same (excluding when AMD64 CPU support was added in the 2000's), and each new version has been for the looks and the media attention.

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh, they changed the admin perms required sound.

And you can open more than one task manager

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Yes Bing falls short in some areas, but the Microsoft Rewards is pretty nice. I've bought a couple cheap USB hubs, keyboards, mice, etc with the points and almost won an Xbox controller in some sweepstakes.

Wait, points that can be used to buy or get a discount? 😮

Xbox controllers are so expensive now, even though they don't always are as rugged as previous generations and still some issues.

Multiple games worth for a controller that might not last long and not as good triggers, one I had failed the batteries and buttons sticked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

Wait, points that can be used to buy or get a discount? 😮

Xbox controllers are so expensive now, even though they don't always are as rugged as previous generations and still some issues.

Multiple games worth for a controller that might not last long and not as good triggers, one I had failed the batteries and buttons sticked.

Yep, points can be traded in for Xbox and Microsoft Store gift cards. There's also Bing Rebates, if you've got a valid MS Rewards account then you can get small discounts on thousands of popular websites. It's usually like 2%-10% cash back. There's a lot more than just this but that's the good stuff that's really worth your points:

image.thumb.png.c79871016a78081375e1f9ef92ffcef5.png

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

And you can open more than one task manager

Does task manager have dark mode yet?

I know it sounds like a weird complaint but that was one thing that really made it obvious that Windows 10 isn't consistent with its UI changes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

Does task manager have dark mode yet?

I know it sounds like a weird complaint but that was one thing that really made it obvious that Windows 10 isn't consistent with its UI changes.

I've not checked. I can in a sec, I just rebooted to turn on vtd, so my VM didn't suck.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, deadfloppy said:

so they dropped 10X to rename it into 11? aight.

 

My guess is it's gonna be like Deepin on linux with two modes - macOS-like and win10-like

Wouldn't 10X just be 20??? Or would be it be 100??

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

The bad:

  • Creating a local account now requires you to first enter an incorrect Microsoft online user ID. Then, and only then, do you get the option to create a local account. Who in the right mind things that having hidden settings only appear after users type in an incorrect username and password is a good idea?

Are you sure?

 

https://i.gyazo.com/86c76d8c4a7686f28bedb0906a8a60d6.gif

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Link to post
Share on other sites

This literally just is a linux skin why is everyone so pressed over it I cannot understand why the ability to move icons to the center of the taskbar matters so much to everyone

I got another computer

And now I list my specs

 

The Microwave
The Main PC
CoolerMaster HAF XB EVO

Ryzen 9 5900X

EVGA CLC 280

GIGABYTE Aorus Elite AX V2

Corsair Vengeance 16GB [2x8GB] DDR4 @3200MHz
MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060TI

EVGA GTX 1050TI SC

EVGA Supernova G3 1000

WD Black SN750 1TB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB

Windows 10

 

Precision T3600

The Server || Under Construction

Intel Xeon E5-1650

8GB [4x2GB] DDR3 @1600MHz

GT 710

 

Peripherals

Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO

Roccat Kone AIMO

LTTStore.com 1000x500mm deskpad

2009 27" iMac in TDM [1440p 60Hz]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×