Aurasync and iCue fighting for RGB control

nightmarevoid

Hello all, the title is pretty self explanatory. I have an asus motherboard with Armoury crate Aurasync and Corsair iCue installed for my mouse. I don't actually use iCue for RGB control, just for mouse settings (man I wish they had a standalone for mouse control) but iCue keeps trying to take control of the RGB when it's launched, even controlling the motherboard's built in edge lighting. I can't seem to get the mouse to save settings without launching the software, so is there a way to stop iCue and Aurasync from fighting for lighting control, or maybe to get my mouse to save the DPI settings I give it without the iCue software having to launch? FYI I have tried changing the default profile. Thanks for the help.

P.S. I also wouldn't mind changing mice to fix the problem, if someone has a recommendation for chunky palm grip mice (a'la FUNC MS-3 (R.I.P. FUNC))

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

24 minutes ago, nightmarevoid said:

I can't seem to get the mouse to save settings without launching the software

If you want to write settings to the onboard profile, you'll need to use Hardware Actions and Hardware Lighting Effects instead of Actions and Lighting Effects. Once you write the profile to your Onboard Profiles, any modifications you made will take effect once iCUE has been closed.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

1 minute ago, PorkishPig said:

If you want to write settings to the onboard profile, you'll need to use Hardware Actions and Hardware Lighting Effects instead of Lighting Effect and Actions. Once you write the profile to your Onboard Profiles, any modifications you made will take effect once iCUE has been closed.

Thanks, I'll try this!

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)