Weird behavior with Ryzen 9 5900X

Hey, I bought a Ryzen 9 5900X to replace my i9-10850KA and a new motherboard but when I go into the BIOS it says that the CPU is at -1C and that on the 3.3v rail (or whatever) i have 4.something volts, on the 5v i have 10.something and on the 12v i have 24.something and the CPU reports its running at 2.04v in ASUS Armoury Crate and I am extremely concerned.

image.png.053eb03eca47a4bd51045068fbc0ad86.png

image.png.9532bef3ae751debdf22c6e64fa6b750.png

When I get it to 100% load in Cinebench R23 it runs at 4.2Ghz with a score of 16230 (slightly worse than a Threadripper 1950X) at ~70C with a Noctua NH-D15 and NT-H1 paste

image.png.781020e36e9036d40ecf1cdef82b654d.png'

image.png.295ec764e5bfeac3e0e3721bbe940231.png

image.png.96194aa4fc32328329b803070d0a30b4.png

Did you reinstall windows?

Bios reporting some odd voltages can happen not really something to worry about especially if you are not using the rails. Since you don't seem to have a sata drive pretty normal as they are not in use.

The cpu voltage is weird might be a auto oc is on.

The score for cinebench is about 4000 points short of average.

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Bios reporting some odd voltages can happen not really something to worry about especially if you are not using the rails. Since you don't seem to have a sata drive pretty normal as they are not in use.

I have 6 sata drives actually (2 are striped together in windows)

image.png.0ecfec2c33f7c7c12cace54fa5470fd4.png

Just now, ThreeStripes said:

I have 6 sata drives actually

image.png.0ecfec2c33f7c7c12cace54fa5470fd4.png

Oh weird voltage reporting.

But did you reinstall windows when moving platform?

Just now, jaslion said:

Oh weird voltage reporting.

But did you reinstall windows when moving platform?

I installed AMD drivers. Did not reinstall

48 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I also have a system with a Ryzen 5 3400G. Should I try with that one to rule out the CPU being the problem and leave:

A dodgy BIOS

Bad mobo

Bad PSU

Start by updating that BIOS, 2802 is from around 5000 series launch, since then there's been a lot of fixes for those CPUs. Also installing the latest chipset driver on an old BIOS version is not recommended, in fact AMD have a specific warning on the chipset download page to update the BIOS before updating the chipset driver.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Start by updating that BIOS, 2802 is from around 5000 series launch, since then there's been a lot of fixes for those CPUs. Also installing the latest chipset driver on an old BIOS version is not recommended, in fact AMD have a specific warning on the chipset download page to update the BIOS before updating the chipset driver.

Yea. I saw Ryzen 5000 Series on the box because I was concerned I was gonna have to even use BIOS flashback to flash the bios without a CPU first

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Is there a chance tat you know if the USB stick has to be FAT32 to update the BIOS

49 minutes ago, EdyDev said:

I installed AMD drivers. Did not reinstall

Yeah moving platform and not reinstalling is asking for performance issues and the like.

Just now, jaslion said:

Yeah moving platform and not reinstalling is asking for performance issues and the like.

Yea but it should recognize stuff properly in the bios at least no?

9 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Nvm. Ill use the MyASUS Utility

2 minutes ago, EdyDev said:

Yea but it should recognize stuff properly in the bios at least no?

Mostly

IMO reinstall windows and update to the latest BIOS and your chipset drivers, until then we can't really help. If the problem continues after that I'd be concerned, almost all of the odd reporting issues have been fixed on 500 series motherboards and zen 3.

40 minutes ago, CryingWimp said:

IMO reinstall windows and update to the latest BIOS and your chipset drivers, until then we can't really help. If the problem continues after that I'd be concerned, almost all of the odd reporting issues have been fixed on 500 series motherboards and zen 3.

Under the supervision of an MSI employee the motherboard gave up and just hangs on the boot led with no post.

Have to take the whole thing apart for the 69420th time and try again after I RMA the board.

24 minutes ago, EdyDev said:

Under the supervision of an MSI employee the motherboard gave up and just hangs on the boot led with no post.

Have to take the whole thing apart for the 69420th time and try again after I RMA the board.

Awh unfortunate. Better for it to die now than after its easily warrantied I guess though, or worse kills another part with weird voltage.

14 hours ago, CryingWimp said:

Awh unfortunate. Better for it to die now than after its easily warrantied I guess though, or worse kills another part with weird voltage.

I hope the 5900X is fine. I can RMA it too but it would be a bummer since I got it for under MSRP (somehow) from a reputable site