3070 vs 3080 mobile

ki8aras
Go to solution Solved by Alexsheff93,
1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

thats what im saying, they both draw 100w so while one be faster than the other or will they perform the same?

TBH i just checked benchmarks and regardless if there 100w each they'll pretty much perform the same. from what im looking at.

hello everyone, im thinking about buying the razer blade 14 laptop that came out like a day ago because i was waiting for a decent chassis with and amd cpu and this is it

ive been out of the laptop scene for a while so my question is: would i get any extra performance by spending extra to go for the rtx 3080?

(sidenote, razer says that both the rtx 3070 and the 3080 are allowed to have a max power draw of 100w)

so given that they draw the same power, will one be faster than the other?

3 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

hello everyone, im thinking about buying the razer blade 14 laptop that came out like a day ago because i was waiting for a decent chassis with and amd cpu and this is it

ive been out of the laptop scene for a while so my question is: would i get any extra performance by spending extra to go for the rtx 3080?

(sidenote, razer says that both the rtx 3070 and the 3080 are allowed to have a max power draw of 100w)

Ideally you need to check the TGP some Max q 3080s are slower than 3070s due to TGP, Personally i'm grabbing the Legion 7 when its released for a full powered lAPTOP 3080 AT 165 TGP with a ryzen 9 5800H

#Murica(butinternational)parrotgang

1 minute ago, Alexsheff93 said:

Ideally you need to check the TGP some Max q 3080s are slower than 3070s due to TGP, Personally i'm grabbing the Legion 7 when its released for a full powered lAPTOP 3080 AT 165 TGP with a ryzen 9 5800H

thats what im saying, they both draw 100w so while one be faster than the other or will they perform the same?

1 minute ago, ki8aras said:

TBH i just checked benchmarks and regardless if there 100w each they'll pretty much perform the same. from what im looking at.

6 minutes ago, Alexsheff93 said:

then 3070 it is!

then 3070 it is!

Just now, Alexsheff93 said:

Alot of reviews ive watched have said the 3080 laptops aint worth it for price to perf and to just get a 3070 laptop.

24 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

Pretty much same story as always then. Performance differences that can basically be seen as margin of error.

Same reason the refreshed 115w 2060 from last gen performed better than a lot of higher tier mobile cards and became the goto option.

34 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

I however do need to commont on Razer. Their laptops in all honestly are garbage. Not because of specs, cooling and all that that is rather great sure a price premium is there. But because of quality issue that are MASSIVE.

As in most of their devices will never see their second year of use. This has been an issue for as long as they have been making laptops and has up to now still not been fixed at all. Expect a dead laptop in 2 years basically is what you need to keep in mind when buying razer laptops as the chances for it living long are extremely slim even if just put on a desk and never moved.

So I simply cannot recommend it and would urge you to get a different device.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I however do need to commont on Razer. Their laptops in all honestly are garbage. Not because of specs, cooling and all that that is rather great sure a price premium is there. But because of quality issue that are MASSIVE.

As in most of their devices will never see their second year of use. This has been an issue for as long as they have been making laptops and has up to now still not been fixed at all. Expect a dead laptop in 2 years basically is what you need to keep in mind when buying razer laptops as the chances for it living long are extremely slim even if just put on a desk and never moved.

So I simply cannot recommend it and would urge you to get a different device.

i was quite aware of their quality issues( even linus had problems with his razer blade stealth) however they do seem to have come a long way regarding their reliability

19 minutes ago, Alexsheff93 said:

Alot of reviews ive watched have said the 3080 laptops aint worth it for price to perf and to just get a 3070 laptop.

i was going to anyways because the 3080 is a 600 euro addon that i wasnt going to pay for

i was going to anyways because the 3080 is a 600 euro addon that i wasnt going to pay for

buy from the USA 10X cheaper to buy what your looking for, also if they dont deliver internationally like best buy use a drop ship service like planet express 

9 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

i was quite aware of their quality issues( even linus had problems with his razer blade stealth) however they do seem to have come a long way regarding their reliability

It's still a big issue (plenty of documentation on the internet). But all that aside the easiest check is ebay.

For all razer blade laptops there are only 450 or something that show up after some more filtering for new, new in box,... you get 50 ish and of all those only like 2 are older than 2 years and the rest were barely used laptops and such so basically new (and a company selling spares). So yeah that still shows me that there is a big enough problem little of them keep existing.

45 minutes ago, Alexsheff93 said:

buy from the USA 10X cheaper to buy what your looking for, also if they dont deliver internationally like best buy use a drop ship service like planet express 

yea but import taxes are kinda hard on us over here so that's not really an option