O-rings for my keyboard

I got a gk61 optical gateron red switch keyboard, and im not sure weather I should get o-rings, cuz some of my friends on discord said they reduce the clack of the keyboard when it bottoms out to the i guess u can say shell of the switch, and i looked in Youtube and theres mixed feelings there, so idk wheather i should buy them or not

I got it for my previous keyboard, it had red switches and it helped nicely. I found them to be load without, with it I found them endurable.

1 hour ago, NotPo1sonous said:

I got a gk61 optical gateron red switch keyboard, and im not sure weather I should get o-rings, cuz some of my friends on discord said they reduce the clack of the keyboard when it bottoms out to the i guess u can say shell of the switch, and i looked in Youtube and theres mixed feelings there, so idk wheather i should buy them or not

I would say no. Even though it does reduce the noise in the downstroke, it doesn't reduce the noise of the upstroke, while adding the extra mushiness when bottoms out. If anything you should swap the stock optical red with silent optical variants. https://x-bows.com/products/gateron-optical-switches-110-pc

Big boi caveiat: Im not a native English user, i can totally bottled up the meaning of the words
A kid with a dream
thank you :D 

2 hours ago, NotPo1sonous said:

and im not sure weather I should get o-rings

then get small amount of them, you should be able to find them at medical tool stores. But personally, they really less about dampening the noise and more about dampening the harsh tactile feedback on clicky keyboards and make them smoother. Reds are linear and imo dont need em.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.