Im confused…

KazooKiddo
Go to solution Solved by KREWLIFE,

If your cable looks like this one, and you already connected the female plug to a hub or your motherboard, you don't necessarily need top plug the male plug, consider them a pass through plug should you decide to run lets say another fan from the same hub without having to connect it again to the hub, you connect it on the 3 pin to "extend"

Screenshot 2021-06-15 104803.jpg

I have this cable that is plugged into the fans in the rgb hub and I do not know where they go.

I also do not know where these named cables go.

3E2FAB5E-245E-4B44-B33E-014E0511EA12.jpeg

3FCEF6A7-DD44-49D6-8D40-A0E04EA4605A.jpeg

90473D19-CC9F-42E8-AFBB-34EC2AA04AF0.jpeg

2C312A6A-B8CA-4E22-9E30-FBB9CF3F2C4F.jpeg

6D028D2A-58C2-4D4E-AAE6-E211CCEBD265.jpeg

The named cables hook up to the front panel header pins on the motherboard to connect the power button, etc.

Read your manual. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

27 minutes ago, Middcore said:

The named cables hook up to the front panel header pins on the motherboard to connect the power button, etc.

Read your manual. 

Thanks soo much! Do you have any idea what the 3 pin fan header wire is I am really stumped on that.

The 3-pin cables appear to be for ARGB devices of some sort. Without more detail on your case/fan/lighting configuration I couldn't say how they should be connected.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

The 3-pin cables appear to be for ARGB devices of some sort. Without more detail on your case/fan/lighting configuration I couldn't say how they should be connected.

I have 2 ARGB fans in the front in the MSI 100r forge and the pins are connected to a rgb hub.

If your cable looks like this one, and you already connected the female plug to a hub or your motherboard, you don't necessarily need top plug the male plug, consider them a pass through plug should you decide to run lets say another fan from the same hub without having to connect it again to the hub, you connect it on the 3 pin to "extend"

Screenshot 2021-06-15 104803.jpg

RYZEN 7 3700X / MSI X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI / ZOTAC 3070 TWIN EDGE OC / CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB @ 3200 / SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 / WD BLACK SN850 M.2 / GIGABYTE P750GM 80+ GOLD / MSI MAG FORGE 100R / MSI MAG CORELIQUID 240R