Issues with new motherboard and Ryzen 3900x (posted in correct section)

The-Devils-Son

First off sorry for the double post i only just realised i posted my issue in the wrong place possibly? My original post is here.

Hey guys i recently got a Asus Rog Strix 570-F. I use to have a Asrock board which started not booting from cold (known issue) I ran all defaults on that board and thought i do the same on this board however for some reason my Ryzen 9 3900x is not boosting right or at all in some cases.

Example my Asrock would do 4.55Ghz on single core and about 4.08 to 4.22Ghz on multi.

My Asus is doing 4.22Ghz on single and will go down to 4.08ghz fast. And on multi it goes stock speed of 3.80Ghz.

My single core temps are even lower than my asrock. 60oC on single core test. And 81oC On Multi core full load (On the asrock board the fan was higher but temps were same on multicore)
My bios version is 3001 if thats the cause I have updated my bios to the newest version 3604
If i need to disable or enable any bios settings please say.

Now after posting that i have tried running games ect and its getting worse. The clock speed goes down to stock levels with major hitching but no thermal throttling. So i open Aida64 which for some reason cant read bus speed and somehow even though it should be 1:1 ratio with my 3600mhz ram (as far as i know from quick google searches) my FSB is 54:3 is that bad in terms of FSB? The bus clock does show though at 100.0Mhz. here is a pic of what im seeing image.png.14aa63dc6ffb2362b7d1f5f83d3f5301.png

Whats even stranger though is after updating the bios cinebench r23 is perfectly fine on single core test with 4.44ghz but multicore is where its basically going back to stock speeds again.

This is really confusing me on what is going on and its stressing me out because all monitoring programs are saying temps are a-ok with highest i got is in metro so far at 72oC but once again its stock speeds on task manager and also shows same on Hwmonitor or hwinfo (i don't use both at same time dw) but other times task manager and those 3rd party programs are not the same.

Edit 2 CPU-Z shows 3:54 on FSB so just a switch from aida. Also i thought i take a picture of CPU Z. image.png.8221bdb24f9a9094417a93558bd4c0ff.png

So please anyone know what my board is doing please help.

40 minutes ago, The-Devils-Son said:

So i open Aida64 which for some reason cant read bus speed and somehow even though it should be 1:1 ratio with my 3600mhz ram (as far as i know from quick google searches) my FSB is 54:3 is that bad in terms of FSB?

You're confusing FSB (front side bus) with FCLK (infinity fabric clock). The latter should be 1:1 with your RAM, not the FSB ratio.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

Wipes sweat from head.....Thank you for correcting me. However now is still the issue on whats going on with my cpu clocks and why im having so many hitches. I am thinking of reinstalling tomorrow to see if its windows 10 causing issues.

Update reinstalled windows 10. No improvement CPU runs fine for like 10 mins then dramatic slowdowns. Hwmonitor and HWinfo detect no thermal issues. So Honestly at this point i may return the board or OC it.

Found out after deep web searching that some asus motherboards dislike Ryzen 3900x CPU's and will not enable PBO on AUTO. And basically all i had to do was keep Precision Boost to AUTO (i know this is not PBO but just incase anyone else saw it) then under PBO settings is Change Precision Boost Overdrive from Auto to "enabled" and PBO Enchancement thing from Asus to enabled and done. My cpu is now boosting properly and not hitching atm in windows/games its hitting 4.20ghz all cores and tbh only thing limitng it is the cooler.