Still having worrisome temps - Help appreciated :D

JayBe

Hey guys,

I made a post about my temps  2 weeks ago, but didnt get any conclusion out of it.. so I wanted to give it another try. (Post Link from the old post at the bottom).

To rep it all up again:
I bought a Ryzen 9 5900x 2 weeks ago, and now my GPU gets quite hot tho (up to 110°C on the Memory). This led me to the conclusion, that there is too much heat inside my case not being transferred out. <<

This Capture is from a few hours of non-ressource hungry games (Smite, Valorant, etc.)
grafik.png.1b1da3cd5dc110fae0b7aa6333e17018.png

My Case is a Thermaltake Commander C36 TG ARGB.
My CPU AIO is a
DeepCool Captain 240 Pro. Cooling concept is 2 Big front Fan as intake. 2 Small ones as outtake (1 in the back, 1 at the bottom). And the AIO currently pulls air out (outtake).
My biggest Question is: Would it help to replace the AIO with a be Quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro BK022 and put 2 EZDYI Fab Fans at the Top as either out- or intake?

Thanks in advance!

Old Post (to see the history):

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

Exhaust through the back and top, intake front and bottom. 

Exhaust out the bottom is drawing the warm air into your GPU. 

Even in hotter case 105c on the memory is pretty insane i mean idk the 3080 but that seems a bit to much is it possible that pads are missing would not be the first time 

13 minutes ago, Heliian said:

Exhaust through the back and top, intake front and bottom. 

Exhaust out the bottom is drawing the warm air into your GPU. 

Well, that kinda was my question summed up a bit 😄
Im just not sure whether or not this ~100€ upgrade would be actually worth the money or if it won't change anything.

1 minute ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Even in hotter case 105c on the memory is pretty insane i mean idk the 3080 but that seems a bit to much is it possible that pads are missing would not be the first time 

I dont know that either :'D There's probably no way to check if pads are missing without tearing the GPU apart, is there?

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

Looking into some websites seems to be less of a case Problem then a Nivida running there Memory pretty hot Problem haha *We don't have precise answers as to why Nvidia is allowing the GDDR6X chips to hit these temperatures. We also don't know exactly what "GDDR6X Memory Junction Temperature" means, as far as the other GDDR6X chips are concerned. Presumably it's the hottest part of any of the GDDR6X chips, measured internally. And again, Nvidia's cards don't appear to start throttling GPU clocks until the temperature hits 110C.

If you find your GDDR6X temperatures run super hot with HWInfo64, it's a good idea to keep your graphics card at stock settings. And if you're mining, either decrease your power limit or hope that these 100-110C memory temperatures don't pose a problem. Don't say we didn't warn you.*

8 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

If you find your GDDR6X temperatures run super hot with HWInfo64, it's a good idea to keep your graphics card at stock settings

well, im running it on stock and still hit those temps lmao :'D

8 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Looking into some websites seems to be less of a case Problem

i figured that it must be a case problem, cause the temps were around 6-10°C lower before i swapped out the CPU .

I mean looking into it the 3080s memory is hot af and i can find countless guides on replacing the thermal pads ^^ And i dont see how your case has bad airflow u even pull the air out of the case with your aio so the cpu heat does not get into the case at all ( if i understand u right u have 2 bigger fans in the front behind a mesh pulling air 2 on the top pushing air out ( aio ) one in the back and one at the bottom thats alot of airflow ^^ maybe u could make the one on the bottom a intake so it pushes fresh air onto your gpu 

And why do u think a air cooler would maken it better ? I think it would make it worse since a aircooler pushes the hot air into the case not like your aio that pushes it out