What is the most Stable AMD Drivers?

So... I've been rocking with my RX 560 (Sapphire pulse RX 560 OC 2gb Vram gddr5) for a long time now, But I don't know why there is always some instability issues with AMD Driver such as driver time out, That annoy me so much...

When I'm using Radeon software WHQL 2.1.4.1 is always have a driver timeout issues

then now I'm downgrading it (With DDU of course) to 2.1.3.1 Adrenaline 2020 Edition and then surprisingly it will work fine and no Instability issues like those

So I'm asking to you guys AMD GPU user out there, What is the most Stable AMD Drivers?... That is well working like intended

Also are you using WHQL version or not?, Adrenaline 2020 Edition or AMD Radeon Software?

Thanks in advance

cheers

XnonXte

Hello there... I'm both speedrunner and tech nerd. But not professional...

steam pcpartpicker.com speedrun.com

Whichever works for you the best. There is no "best" driver out there really it all depends on your system.

It is a bit of luck tbh. I always stuck to WHQL drivers and updated maybe once a year.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Just now, jaslion said:

Whichever works for you the best. There is no "best" driver out there really it all depends on your system.

Yes there are best driver out there, It's not about who is the best, Because all driver should working as intended in some computer. But I just curiously asking what is the most stable driver version. On a lot of scenario because I know well AMD Driver is somewhat buggy in many way. 

2 minutes ago, XnonXte said:

I know well AMD Driver is somewhat buggy in many way.

Ain't they all.. I'm stuck with Nvidia 466.63 right now because newer driver gave me waking up from sleep issue. 

You can try loosen TDR value in registry to see if that help with driver timeout error. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

It is a bit of luck tbh. I always stuck to WHQL drivers and updated maybe once a year

Lol... luck is the most avoidable thing in pc Driver, So it's not like saying it "should just work" XD

Yeah I should just leave my driver outdated for 1 year maybe, for stability issues and avoiding change to get a buggy driver. Thanks for your free tech tip bud

AMD drivers are actually pretty stable, it's the accompanying software that's usually the issue.

The latest drivers allow you to ditch the software and install the driver only. Not ideal if you like the software but i'd imagine stability takes priority.

No need to be on the latest drivers, very little improvements are made on the polaris cards these days, so it's not like the latest drivers will improve your video card.

I've had minor to no issue with AMD drivers since I'd started out with ATi cards a ways back. Right now, I have Adrenalin 21.5.2 installed for my RX 6900XT and Vega64 Red Devil, in my main and 2nd rigs respectively, no issue whatsoever. I agree with those who'd said that the best driver is whatever works for you, I'm sure you've heard of the old saying, "One man's meat is another man's poison".

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

On 6/14/2021 at 11:24 PM, GamerDude said:

I've had minor to no issue with AMD drivers since I'd started out with ATi cards a ways back. Right now, I have Adrenalin 21.5.2 installed for my RX 6900XT and Vega64 Red Devil, in my main and 2nd rigs respectively, no issue whatsoever. I agree with those who'd said that the best driver is whatever works for you, I'm sure you've heard of the old saying, "One man's meat is another man's poison".

Alright