Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Xiaomi phones are dodging my QOS rules

Go to solution Solved by Islam Ghunym,

Alright so the solution was by downloading the latest SDK platform tools then using Windows Command Prompt from inside tools folder to execute ADB commands in order for me to delete the package that was responsible of sucking my bandwidth

 

I had to enable developer options from phone settings and then enable USB debugging before plugging the phone into my PC.

 

I used these commands:

1- adb shell

2- pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.analytics

 

That's all and the problem was solved.

The issue is very annoying.

The device is sending analystics data to Xiaomi 24/7 using all my upload bandwidth without me being able to prevent it in anyway. However it looks like only upload rules are being bypassed by the phone not the download rules.

All other devices in my home are not doing the same thing.

The problem is that.... it is my wife phone and she will kick my ass if I stoped it from reaching the Internet.

Life learnt me that to NEVER miss with your god or your wife.

Even in that damn device settings there is no way to limit that system app access to the Internet.

 

I need a solution for this I can't play games or stream throughout the day and that is a big problem. I am not gonna buy her another phone. That is out of my budget currently

 

Edit: even selfish net does not recognize the phone from the network

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Islam Ghunym said:

The issue is very annoying.

The device is sending analystics data to Xiaomi 24/7 using all my upload bandwidth without me being able to prevent it in anyway. However it looks like only upload rules are being bypassed by the phone not the download rules.

All other devices in my home are not doing the same thing.

The problem is that.... it is my wife phone and she will kick my ass if I stoped it from reaching the Internet.

Life learnt me that to NEVER miss with your god or your wife.

Even in that damn device settings there is no way to limit that system app access to the Internet.

 

I need a solution for this I can't play games or stream throughout the day and that is a big problem. I am not gonna buy her another phone. That is out of my budget currently

 

Edit: even selfish net does not recognize the phone from the network

First Google search link:

https://hadiyarajesh.medium.com/how-xiaomi-collect-huge-data-from-its-devices-and-how-to-stop-it-7fd42f3841c0

 

Did you have a look at that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Nope, but I read it now.

That could solve part of the issue, but the phone being able to dodge my QOS settings is itself the major issue here because if it does not do that then no matter how much that shit keep uploading there would be no problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Islam Ghunym said:

Nope, but I read it now.

That could solve part of the issue, but the phone being able to dodge my QOS settings is itself the major issue here because if it does not do that then no matter how much that shit keep uploading there would be no problem

Seems the dodging is on a per app basis as non integrated apps seem to not be able to do so according to some looking around.

 

I mean these are Chinese phones made to spy on people after all I knew that fully well going in and basically flashed mine day one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Islam Ghunym said:

Nope, but I read it now.

That could solve part of the issue, but the phone being able to dodge my QOS settings is itself the major issue here because if it does not do that then no matter how much that shit keep uploading there would be no problem

What kind of firewall/traffic sniffer/... are you using? Log all traffic and filter on the phone IP only. Then see what destination/port/application/protocol/... uses so much bandwidth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Naijin said:

What kind of firewall/traffic sniffer/... are you using? Log all traffic and filter on the phone IP only. Then see what destination/port/application/protocol/... uses so much bandwidth.

And then filter out that destination. Thank you for the tip I will try and report if I could do that in the first place

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Islam Ghunym said:

And then filter out that destination. Thank you for the tip I will try and report if I could do that in the first place

Filter on destination, or easier would be, if possible, to filter out that port/application.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Filter on destination, or easier would be, if possible, to filter out that port/application.

I tried to get rid of that spy thing, but I only have 8 possible firewall rules to block IPs or ports or both whatever.

Anyway, the problem is that the destination is on port 443 which is used for pretty much everything so I can't make a port based blocking and whenever I block an IP the phone tracking apps seems to use another one so no luck in doing that. I was able to detect that alibaba thing in Singapore is what collects these data on TCP protocol, but anyway I will have to uninstall device apps to stop this

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Seems the dodging is on a per app basis as non integrated apps seem to not be able to do so according to some looking around.

 

I mean these are Chinese phones made to spy on people after all I knew that fully well going in and basically flashed mine day one.

Fk these countries. that's what we get when we cheap on things

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Islam Ghunym said:

Fk these countries. that's what we get when we cheap on things

They sell near cost so they make their money in different ways.

 

It's not like other brands are better. They are more sneaky about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright so the solution was by downloading the latest SDK platform tools then using Windows Command Prompt from inside tools folder to execute ADB commands in order for me to delete the package that was responsible of sucking my bandwidth

 

I had to enable developer options from phone settings and then enable USB debugging before plugging the phone into my PC.

 

I used these commands:

1- adb shell

2- pm uninstall --user 0 com.miui.analytics

 

That's all and the problem was solved.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×