iPhone 12 Pro Max vs S21 Ultra

greenmephisto

Hey,

I thinking go from iPhone 12 Pro Max to S21 UItra, does its worth it?

With iPhone I have Watch6, so on Android its unusable.

With Galaxy there is Exynos variant, so I worried about battery life of it...

I guess if you really want Android then go for it.

As far as performance goes, the iPhone is considerably faster. They both have their wins and losses aside from that, but one thing is for sure... There's nothing remotely close in the smartwatch world to the Apple Watch. Everything else when it comes to watches will be a significant downgrade.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

You kind of already answered your own question, didn't you? If you already have an Apple Watch, just get the iPhone.

Worth is subjective and only you can answer that.

Personally I'd just wait for the next one.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

What's the reason for wanting to change phones?

I just feel like try something new, because before 12ProMax I had iPhone11 and upgrade to that was so minimal (talking about software experience)

8 hours ago, greenmephisto said:

Hey,

I thinking go from iPhone 12 Pro Max to S21 UItra, does its worth it?

With iPhone I have Watch6, so on Android its unusable.

With Galaxy there is Exynos variant, so I worried about battery life of it...

Not worth it at all.

As was mentioned: if you switch phones, you'll have to stop using the Apple Watch... which is fine if you were also thinking of giving that up too, but the smartwatch options on Android might have you crawling back. That's not even being hyperbolic; that's just a reflection of how sad the Android smartwatch market is at the moment.

If that's not a factor, though, the truth is that you won't get much from the Galaxy S21. The iPhone will still be faster, and take better photos overall (Samsung's color processing, low light handling and video are generally behind). And yes, if you buy an Exynos version of the S21 you're likely going to see noticeably worse battery life.

Don't buy a phone released a few months after the one you own just for the sake of trying something new. You're spending a whole lot of money on something that might feel more like a sidegrade or even a downgrade in a few places. Save your money for the "iPhone 13," the Galaxy S22 or another future device that will be a more substantial improvement.