Does and have a rival for the Quadro p4000?

Beat_my_Laptop

I have an NVidia p1000, I want to upgrade to a p4000. Does and have a good competitor, price or performance wise?

From what I can tell the similar performance GPUs (I think the 7100wx) is much more expensive. I ask because the Quadro p4000 is for a prospective build with a Ryzen 9 or Threadripper Pro & wasn't sure if the cpu & gpu would get along better being the company.

22 minutes ago, Beat_my_Laptop said:

I have an NVidia p1000

Wew, that's worse than a 1050.

22 minutes ago, Beat_my_Laptop said:

p4000

In between a 1060 and a 1070 (close to the latter).

24 minutes ago, Beat_my_Laptop said:

I think the 7100wx

That's it, it uses the same chip as the rx 480.

24 minutes ago, Beat_my_Laptop said:

I ask because the Quadro p4000 is for a prospective build with a Ryzen 9 or Threadripper Pro & wasn't sure if the cpu & gpu would get along better being the company.

Do you really need a workstation gpu? A consumer one isn't an option?

Anyway, brand doesn't matter, you can mix and match GPU & CPU vendors without any problems.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

32 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

There are reasons to pick a workstation GPU: stability, drivers, sometimes better compatibility with rendering software, etc.

Yes, I'm well aware of that, that's why I was asking OP to see if their needs fit into any of those.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

2 hours ago, igormp said:

Do you really need a workstation gpu? A consumer one isn't an option?

Yes, the prospective PC build is a workstation to beat my workstation laptop. Besides insanely higher performances on CAD (which I use), they slice 3d prints faster & with fewer errors (necessary for prototyping), & aren't sought after by cryptominers meaning their price doesn't fluctuate with Elon tweets or Bitcoin/Ethereum halvings.

33 minutes ago, igormp said:

Yes, I'm well aware of that, that's why I was asking OP to see if their needs fit into any of those.

All of those needs, otherwise I'd used a 30 dollar gpu, just enough to see what I'm doing on 2 monitors