X800H vs TU7000

Zeorth

Hey,

So I'm in the process of buying a simple budget TV that is 55" and it seems like the Sony X800H and Samsung TU7000 are the best options out there. Which one do I go for considering I'll be using it in my bedroom mostly for sports and movies in the evening before bed. You may also enlighten me with other TVs within the price range that they are at and around 55". 

Cheers!

37 minutes ago, Khalma said:

Hey,

So I'm in the process of buying a simple budget TV that is 55" and it seems like the XH80 and TU7000 are the best options out there. Which one do I go for considering I'll be using it in my bedroom mostly for sports and movies in the evening before bed. You may also enlighten me with other TVs within the price range that they are at and around 55". 

Cheers!

Tu7000 seems to come in a bunch of sizes and a bunch of prices and have different panels.  Hx80 searches as a Sony digital camera.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

28 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Tu7000 seems to come in a bunch of sizes and a bunch of prices and have different panels.  Hx80 searches as a Sony digital camera.

TU7000 Link:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-55-class-7-series-led-4k-uhd-smart-tizen-tv/6401735.p?acampID=0&cmp=RMX&intl=nosplash&irclickid=Q7uUsmQerxyLThr0M-0V7wD0UkBweJRmHW%3A7So0&irgwc=1&loc=RTINGS.com&mpid=1989377&ref=198&refdomain=rtings.com&skuId=6401735

(Turns out its only called XH80 here in the Nordic countries and is called the X800H over in the US) X800H: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1545405-REG/sony_xbr55x800h_x800h_series_55_class.html

Ill point out the website RTings has some really good comparisons especially for televisions.

Edit: And yeah, beware of samsung, a lot of their models differ completely between sizes

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

There seems to be a massive price difference. One cost near double what the other does.  A tv is made of 3 things: the panel, the electronics, and the enclosure.  The enclosures are the easiest to make and occasionally the only thing the “manufacturer” actually produces.  Samsung makes their own stuff though and Sony may as well.  I would look at reviews myself.  Both are 4k so at least very near the same screen resoution.  Things I would consider:

-what am I going to hook this thing to?  Does it have the ports?

-what is the picture like? What kind of panel is it? What kind of backlight is used?  Is there hdr? If so what kind?   There are probably reviews that are useful.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.