Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Budget (including currency): 1500 €

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly gaming (COD, CS, RL, DBD, Battlefield ...) and some video editing

Other details: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/shH4LP from this list, I already have the CPU and the graphics card (FE not the MSI-version) and the CPU Cooler. If I get my hands on the XT version of the 6800, I want to upgrade that part.

I am planning on using a 1440p 144hz monitor and an 1080p 60hz one. The games should run in 120+ fps range in 1440p, high settings. (The prices of the parts are not that important.)

Is that build any good ? I   s the power supply sufficient enough or even overkill ? Is the CPU choice the right one or is this part bottlenecking?

Thanks in advance !

Running a 5600x and a reference 6800 myself for 1440p gaming.

(FE not the MSI-version)

If FE means Founders Edition, that's an Nvidia thing. FYI, all of the reference RX6000 series cards are identical regardless of which brand label is slapped on them and are made by Sapphire. 

Friends don't let friends use Userbenchmark. Ban the term "bottleneck." Corps aren't your friends. If the PC does what you need it to do well enough, it's good enough. Don't build the "best" system, build the system that makes you happy. 

8 minutes ago, websterit said:

Budget (including currency): 1500 €

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly gaming (COD, CS, RL, DBD, Battlefield ...) and some video editing

Other details: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/shH4LP from this list, I already have the CPU and the graphics card (FE not the MSI-version) and the CPU Cooler. If I get my hands on the XT version of the 6800, I want to upgrade that part.

I am planning on using a 1440p 144hz monitor and an 1080p 60hz one. The games should run in 120+ fps range in 1440p, high settings. (The prices of the parts are not that important.)

Is that build any good ? I   s the power supply sufficient enough or even overkill ? Is the CPU choice the right one or is this part bottlenecking?

Thanks in advance !

Looks like a good well-balanced rig. That being said, if you are after high frames with good visuals on 1440p, 6800XT would be the way to go. Power supply should be enough as well, even for a 6800XT. These cards are quite a bit more efficient than the nVidia equivalents. 

Like it has already been said earlier, reference AMD cards are "reference" regardless if they come directly from AMD or from a board partner. It is essentially the exact same card, only difference is the branding on the box itself. The cooler and pcb will be an exact match. Therefore, it wouldn't make any difference which "reference" graphics card you will get. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here