Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What case and screen protector for Pixel 4a (4G, not 5G) have lifetime warranties over damage?

I'm looking to get a case and screen protector for my pixel 4a, but it would be incredibly easy for some company to put out a snake oil case that offers little to no protection, so whatever case and screen protectors I get needs to have a lifetime warranty on any accidental damage that occurs to the phone — e.g. if I drop it and the screen shatters 5 years from now I want them to be paying for whatever it costs to repair it. If the case is not snake oil, then this should be no problem as it should reduce the chance of damage enough to make the number of claims that they'd get under this negligible. I do not care about how bulky the case is. I do want to avoid spending a small fortune, however, if possible. I know that at least some protection products offer this level of protection (example), but I haven't found anything that is compatible with Pixel 4a.

2 minutes ago, john01dav said:

whatever case and screen protectors I get needs to have a lifetime warranty on any accidental damage that occurs to the phone

the example you linked does not provide this

• A Warranty You Can Count On: A limited lifetime warranty means if your best Google Pixel 5 screen protector glass ever gets worn or damaged, FLOLAB will replace it for the life of your device.

The screen protector itself is covered by warranty, but it would be absurd for a phone protective device to cover damage to the mobile device.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The screen protector itself is covered by warranty, but it would be absurd for a phone protective device to cover damage to the mobile device.

FYI. We had this conversation before and it was as cringy back then.

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??
 HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it?
 MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's
2 minutes ago, Levent said:

FYI. We had this conversation before and it was as cringy back then.

Fuck off. If you have a nothing helpful or productive to say, then fuck off and let someone else who might have something helpful to say make their points. It's bad enough to deal with this absolute fuckwaddery from google, samsung, and other phone manufacturers, but then to have apologists like you is past the line. Seriously, you're not wanted in this thread.

11 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Oops, good catch. I guess I misread it

1 minute ago, john01dav said:

Fuck off. If you have a nothing helpful or productive to say, then fuck off and let someone else who might have something helpful to say make their points. It's bad enough to deal with this absolute fuckwaddery from google, samsung, and other phone manufacturers, but then to have apologists like you is past the line. Seriously, you're not wanted in this thread.

It was productive enough to let me know that you’re unwilling to take responsibility of your purchases as a consumer.

No case or screen protector have a warranty that covers the device in the event of failure. Some will pay if they are the result of damages, like a screen protector that causes a crack on it’s own. Those are few and far between however.

Buy a warranty service plan on the phone if you’re that paranoid.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: EVGA 02G-P4 GeForce GT 1030 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

7 minutes ago, john01dav said:

Look, I read your other post and I hate to say it but everything you have written on the subject has come across as extremely entitled. You argue that companies owe you a free repair, but this has never been the case in the history of smartphones when it comes to dropping your phone. The same would be said of a screen protector or case, you can't buy a protective product that financially covers the device you're using.

Some phone manufacturers offer an insurance plan, such as apple care. I don't know about google pixel availability for something like that, or if you could find a third party repair business that would also offer a protection plan, but first parties will never pay out for someone dropping their phone and breaking it.

Glass will be glass. Want a case that covers insane aggressive damage potential? Otterbox is the only brand that comes to mind for me but I'm sure there are more. A bulky waterproof, impact proof shell that covers the whole device. Obviously, there is a tradeoff that you have to make to defend a fragile device. But at the end of the day, you will not get a free replacement from any companies.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Posted (edited)

A wise man once said :- Glass is Glass and Glass Breaks. So, why not purchase a cheap protector and case and replace it every time it breaks?

Edited by Guest
Fixed Typo
Just now, ardwivedi16 said:

A wise man once said :- Glass is Glass and Glass Breaks. So, why not purchase a cheap protector and case and replace it every time it breaks?

I'd be fine with this, but the person who did the repair on my pixel 4a, when I asked them about which protector I should get, said that they often see phones with protectors coming in and still having a shattered screen underneath, so I need a protector that verifiably prevents this, and the best way for that I see is for them to commit to paying for a screen replacement if needed. I just want a phone that will continue working indefinitely without me paying them more money for repairs. Laptops have this. Desktops have this. TVs have this. Hell, even cars have this to a much greater extent if you do regular maintenance, and they're notorious for costly repair bills. I see no reason that I should not be able to get this for a phone.

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Look, I read your other post and I hate to say it but everything you have written on the subject has come across as extremely entitled. You argue that companies owe you a free repair, but this has never been the case in the history of smartphones when it comes to dropping your phone. The same would be said of a screen protector or case, you can't buy a protective product that financially covers the device you're using.

Some phone manufacturers offer an insurance plan, such as apple care. I don't know about google pixel availability for something like that, or if you could find a third party repair business that would also offer a protection plan, but first parties will never pay out for someone dropping their phone and breaking it.

Glass will be glass. Want a case that covers insane aggressive damage potential? Otterbox is the only brand that comes to mind for me but I'm sure there are more. A bulky waterproof, impact proof shell that covers the whole device. Obviously, there is a tradeoff that you have to make to defend a fragile device. But at the end of the day, you will not get a free replacement from any companies.

Phone companies have a perverse incentive to make devices that are as fragile as possible because if it breaks they benefit from a new purchase in most cases (and even in the case of authorized repairs, the only way to get trustworthy OEM parts at least for this phone, they still get a cut), so one needs some sort of system to hold them liable and accountable for damage that takes place, lest we get the current market of thousand dollar glorified potato chips*. That and to isolate myself from their perverse incentive's consequences is all I'm trying to do. That's very different from being "extremely entitled" — I just want a phone that will continue working indefinitely without me paying them more money for repairs. Laptops have this. Desktops have this. TVs have this. Hell, even cars have this to a much greater extent if you do regular maintenance, and they're notorious for costly repair bills (the car that I drive is over 20 years old! Why can't I get a phone that lasts even half this long?!). I see no reason that I should not be able to get this for a phone.

*: Pixel 4a is a lot less, but still not cheap by any means, cheap enough to be disposable like this would be US$10-20 at most, which is not realistic for a phone, so they must be built to last much more so than they are now.

13 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

It was productive enough to let me know that you’re unwilling to take responsibility of your purchases as a consumer.

No case or screen protector have a warranty that covers the device in the event of failure. Some will pay if they are the result of damages, like a screen protector that causes a crack on it’s own. Those are few and far between however.

Buy a warranty service plan on the phone if you’re that paranoid.

A warranty service plan may be acceptable, as long as it is a one time fee for perpetual absolute coverage — e.g. if anything goes wrong, they do everything in their power to make it right up to and including paying for all shipping, parts, labor, and providing a comparable loner device while the shipping, etc. goes through.

Also, to everyone saying something like "glass is glass so glass will always have breaking risk", I'm totally fine with other materials. E.g. if plastic is what I need to get what I want then plastic I shall get.

-= Locked =-

Fist: This topic is a repost of your previous topic, reposts are not allowed in this forum.

Second: this topic has become toxic and non-constructive. OP you are not helping yourself.

Phones are no longer made in the same as they used to be By Design. They will not provide the same self-protection as like the old Nokia phones.

The only thing I can suggest to you if you want a smart phone then get a Samsung Galaxy S8 Active if you can find one, they have built in shock material, and you can get a case for it, use a https://www.lifeproof.com/ case or a https://www.otterbox.com/ case if you need to.

There is not a case or screen protector the exist that will provide insurance for the product they are made for. They won't for a great many numbers of legal issues that would ruin the company over. There are too many countries and laws that would destroy a company offering such a thing if the coverage isn't written exactly right. They only offer insurance for the case or screen protector themselves.

That said, if you wish to carry on this discussion [in a mature and civil manner] do it in your original topic.

V/r,

SanVarnic

Forum Moderator

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

Spoiler

†  

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Sabre, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and the RSI Constellation Aquila.

My phones are a Samsung Note 20 and a Samsung S9+

🇺🇸   About Myself:   https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46   🇺🇸

CHRISTIAN MEMBER