Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, yesterday my PC just didn't turn on. LEDs on MB were working while PC was off so some power has to go through. When I turn it on, it just spins fans once and they they stop. Seems like it can`t handle higher power requirements. I took the PSU out, plugged EVGA`s detection tool on MB cable, ECO mode set to off and just flipped the switch. PSU`s fan started to spin and stopped right away. Is the PSU dead?

I uploaded video to YouTube: 

8 minutes ago, G4rfield_CZ said:

When I turn it on, it just spins fans once and they they stop.

Do the LEDs also turn off in that case?

Just now, akio123008 said:

Do the LEDs also turn off in that case?

Nope, LEDs were still on. 

Have you tried turning on the PSU directly by the paperclip trick (search on google about this)

6 hours ago, ardwivedi16 said:

Have you tried turning on the PSU directly by the paperclip trick (search on google about this)

Yep, not exactly with a paperclip, but with detection tool provided by EVGA. This is the result. Without it the fan won`t even start spinning.

42 minutes ago, G4rfield_CZ said:

Yep, not exactly with a paperclip, but with detection tool provided by EVGA. This is the result. Without it the fan won`t even start spinning.

And when you used the PSU tool, the PSU was plugged into nothing else?  If ECO mode is off, the fan should spin all of the time.  So it sounds like a dead PSU.

3 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

And when you used the PSU tool, the PSU was plugged into nothing else?  If ECO mode is off, the fan should spin all of the time.  So it sounds like a dead PSU.

Also think it`s dead. It wasn`t plugged into anything, just the detection tool. Eco mode was off, so fan should be spinning all the time.