Problems running Games on my RYZEN 5950X

Hi All hope someone can give me some pointers.

I have a RYZEN 5950X running on a ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO Motherboard, with 4 Sticks of 16Gb gSkill Trident Z RGB RAM.  And a 2080IT to round it off.

The issue that I have is that if I run with both CCD's running in almost all games my system will hard lock.  No Blue screen just stop, some times I get a horrible buzzing through the speakers but not every time.

The only way that I can get games to run stable is to switch to using 1 CCD.  I would like to be able to not have to keep switch modes as it's annoy and forgetting what mode your in when you play can be well annoying...

If more details are need please ask.  And thank to all in advance to anything you guys can offer to help me with this issue.

Cheers.  

11 minutes ago, jamesfinnerty said:

Hi All hope someone can give me some pointers.

I have a RYZEN 5950X running on a ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO Motherboard, with 4 Sticks of 16Gb gSkill Trident Z RGB RAM.  And a 2080IT to round it off.

The issue that I have is that if I run with both CCD's running in almost all games my system will hard lock.  No Blue screen just stop, some times I get a horrible buzzing through the speakers but not every time.

The only way that I can get games to run stable is to switch to using 1 CCD.  I would like to be able to not have to keep switch modes as it's annoy and forgetting what mode your in when you play can be well annoying...

If more details are need please ask.  And thank to all in advance to anything you guys can offer to help me with this issue.

Cheers.  

Are the processor or system memory overclocked in any way (including XMP)? You have 4 sticks of 16GB each? What is the speed the memory is running at? Try removing two of the sticks and running the computer like that. If it works fine it could be that the memory controller on the processor is just a bit week. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

1 hour ago, Analog said:

Are the processor or system memory overclocked in any way (including XMP)? You have 4 sticks of 16GB each? What is the speed the memory is running at? Try removing two of the sticks and running the computer like that. If it works fine it could be that the memory controller on the processor is just a bit week. 

Nothing in the system is now over clock and the memory is running at stock speed.  Just while I fight this issue down.  
Running renders or heavy compute load with all cores running even when it was oc'd was never a problem .