holding WD MyBook horizontal

frozensun

Hi my friends.

I don't have much space on the table.

Can I flip the case/HDD horizontally and hold it like that onto the table without any issues/damage to the HDD?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

Hi my friends.

I don't have much space on the table.

Can I flip the case/HDD horizontally and hold it like that onto the table without any issues/damage to the HDD?

You can run a Hard Drive horizontally just fine, though I don't recommend moving the drive while it's powered on of course.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

As long as it is on a level, secure surface, with airflow, then it should be fine. Your main enemies in this are heat and vibrations so make sure that it does not have the chance to vibrate and that it has ample cooling.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

The case has mesh on top and bottom so I'm surprised it should be hold vertically since in that way the bottom mesh is covered by surface.

I have space on table for horizontal placement just want to ask you if it's safe,I'm very prone to moving things on table and holding the drive in vertical position could easily flip the drive and cause the damage.

So perfectly normal to place it horizontal?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Yes.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Like this...

20210613_092454.jpg