Looking for a new laptop for CS class

I haven’t looked at the laptop market for the past year or two and I’m looking for information behind the current state of the laptop market.

I’m also planning to buy a new laptop for CS class to fit my needs.

I’m going to need the laptop to do the following. Also my budget is barely under $2000 and I’m primarily shopping at Best Buy since it is more convenient for my Dad. 

• Gaming ( I’m not playing any modern titles, Im currently playing Guilty Gear Strive and forza horizon 4)
  • Have a pretty good battery life if I’m going to be in class with it, I would say more than 6 hours of battery life.
  • Have a pretty good cooling system, I would prefer having a laptop that doesn’t get hot doing simple tasks which could results with a loud laptop during class.
  • 16 gigs of ram and 1TB SSD or 512GB with a 1 or 2TB HDD.
  • This one is important, I would prefer a laptop that doesn’t use optimus because it’s a pain in the butt when it comes to using certain applications.
  • The laptop should look somewhat profesional and not too thick to be eye catching.

I’m open to expanding my budget a bit if needed. Lastly, I’ve heard of the AMD advantage laptops would they be a good pick? If so when do they release and where would they be available?