Add Member Title guidelines to Community Standards

WhitetailAni

That's basically it - there's no guidelines for what is and isn't allowed for member titles in the CS.

I'd like to change mine to what-if.xkcd.com (really just text that is a link if you copy+paste it into a search bar), but as you can't put non-forum links in your signature I wanted to make sure that it's allowed for member titles.

However, when I went to check the Community Standards there's no mention of it, or member titles at all for that matter. Is this purposeful, or just an oversight?

I realize that this is probably a stupid question and no of course I can't put a link as my member title but I want to make sure before my warning point meter gets another cup of infraction juice, spills over the rim, and hits the warning point alarm.

elephants

11 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

what-if.xkcd.com

Is that link a self-promotion/commercial link?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Just now, Eighjan said:

Is that link a self-promotion/commercial link?

No, it's a link to a webcomic that I enjoy reading. I'm not affiliated with it in any way.

elephants

11 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

No, it's a link to a webcomic that I enjoy reading. I'm not affiliated with it in any way.

=advertising. Honestly, the rules already cover most critical things. No external links unless they are within context. No politics. No offensive, discrimination or otherwise "adult only" kind of stuff.

There's rewrite of the rules coming at some point anyway, and we have addressed the parts causing us the most time to deal with.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv