Help me pick a graphics card

Hi all,

After posting on this forum a few time, I have decided to get a used GPU for a cheap price due to the stupid sky rocketed prices of these new GPU. However even these used GPU are super expensive and hence again why I am here. I hope someone could recommend some cheap GPU that I could possibly buy. The main use of this GPU is to play some games, nothing too GPU intensive cause I'm too broke to buy triple A title games (also I've only recently started pc gaming), just some Minecraft and CSGO.

My budget is around £100, and once the shortage has gotten better (if that will ever happen) I am consider buying a 3060  

Thanks all in advance :)) 

For £100 pounds, and a hefty dose of patience, you might snag an RX 470 or 570 on your local market. Make sure to browse often to see what you can get. Otherwise, you probably have to settle for an RX 460 or 560.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

For £100 pounds, and a hefty dose of patience, you might snag an RX 470 or 570 on your local market. Make sure to browse often to see what you can get. Otherwise, you probably have to settle for an RX 460 or 560.

Hey I don't know whether this is something that could be solve easily but I have seen a few GPU being sold cheap because they flashed the wrong BIOs. Is that something that a normal person with no prior knowledge of any computing can solve?

17 minutes ago, Carson.C said:

Hey I don't know whether this is something that could be solve easily but I have seen a few GPU being sold cheap because they flashed the wrong BIOs. Is that something that a normal person with no prior knowledge of any computing can solve?

BIOS flash repairing can be an extensive process, with no guarantee that you save the card. I don't recommend going for those.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

For £100 your not going to be able to buy a 3060 even when things return to normal. I recommend looking on the used market to find a older generation card.

4 hours ago, Smackaroy said:

For £100 your not going to be able to buy a 3060 even when things return to normal. I recommend looking on the used market to find a older generation card.

Yeah I know I have a budget of £300 for a 3060 but I don't want to spend to much on my temp card hence the £100

You can sometimes find reasonably sane prices on old Kepler Quadro cards. I was recently able to get a Quadro K620 for $50, which is slightly above a GTX 650 in terms of performance, with twice the VRAM, but was going for about 20% less than a GTX 650 on eBay at the time.

Some models to keep your eye out for, from least to highest performance, would be:

Quadro K620 2GB DDR3 (~ GTX 650/R7 250X)

Quadro K4000 3GB GDDR5 (~ GTX 650 Ti/RX 550)

Quadro K2200 4GB GDDR5 (~ GTX 750 Ti/R7 360)

Quadro K4200 4GB GDDR5 (~ GTX 660/RX 560)

9 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

You can sometimes find reasonably sane prices on old Kepler Quadro cards. I was recently able to get a Quadro K620 for $50, which is slightly above a GTX 650 in terms of performance, with twice the VRAM, but was going for about 20% less than a GTX 650 on eBay at the time.

Some models to keep your eye out for, from least to highest performance, would be:

Quadro K620 2GB DDR3 (~ GTX 650/R7 250X)

Quadro K4000 3GB GDDR5 (~ GTX 650 Ti/RX 550)

Quadro K2200 4GB GDDR5 (~ GTX 750 Ti/R7 360)

Quadro K4200 4GB GDDR5 (~ GTX 660/RX 560)

Yeah I have saw a lot of Quadro as well but I'm not too familiar with the cards and don't know what the equivalent of a Quadro is. Isn't Quadro normally used in servers and stuff so they don't have a video output?

2 hours ago, Carson.C said:

Yeah I have saw a lot of Quadro as well but I'm not too familiar with the cards and don't know what the equivalent of a Quadro is. Isn't Quadro normally used in servers and stuff so they don't have a video output?

Quadro is a workstation line. The Kepler cards usually had DisplayPort and DVI outputs.