Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone here modded the RGB on their graphics cards to connect it to the motherboards RGB?

I have been considering trying to mod the RGB for my Gigabyte 2080 Super and connecting it to the RGB of my Asus motherboard in order to sync the RGB but unsure of how to do it or even if its possible to do.

If someone here has experience doing so I would appreciate their insights and help, thanks.

1 hour ago, kyn1972 said:

I have been considering trying to mod the RGB for my Gigabyte 2080 Super and connecting it to the RGB of my Asus motherboard in order to sync the RGB but unsure of how to do it or even if its possible to do.

If someone here has experience doing so I would appreciate their insights and help, thanks.

i do not think it is possible to do what you are thinking . i am sure that trying will void whatever warranty you have on the GPU.

4 hours ago, kyn1972 said:

you would have to no what cables are what so revers revenge it

10 hours ago, kyn1972 said:

i have done this with my EVGA card. but that was RGB, ur gigabye 2080 super might have ARGB (led strips that can have more than 1 color at once)

If its ARGB its a 5v system and 3 wires. middle wire is always signal
i recommend getting raspberry pi cables they are very easy to test this stuff with. 

after connecting the middle wire to the middle wire of a ARGB cable its time to find out whats 5v and whats ground. you cant hurt anything by getting this wrong. 

5 hours ago, NorKris said:

i have done this with my EVGA card. but that was RGB, ur gigabye 2080 super might have ARGB (led strips that can have more than 1 color at once)

If its ARGB its a 5v system and 3 wires. middle wire is always signal
i recommend getting raspberry pi cables they are very easy to test this stuff with. 

after connecting the middle wire to the middle wire of a ARGB cable its time to find out whats 5v and whats ground. you cant hurt anything by getting this wrong. 

5v to ground and ground to 5v will kill the argb...

nope

LEDs are diodes and when u  put 5v to ground or the other way around  electricity wont flow, thats all 

5 hours ago, NorKris said:

nope

LEDs are diodes and when u  put 5v to ground or the other way around  electricity wont flow, thats all 

and smd is not an diode