Battlefield 2042 Editions

Crosseyed Sniper

Hello,

If you have the time, I'd like to get a better understanding of the different editions, so I have questions.

1. Does the standard edition include all the maps, including maps to be released in the near future?

2. What is the Year 1 Pass, and what are 4 Battle Passes?

Just wondering if I will be missing anything (other than cosmetics) by buying the standard edition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BFE.thumb.PNG.54f19baa5989b1476180bbd33f1efffb.PNG

6 minutes ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

If you have the time, I'd like to get a better understanding of the different editions, so I have questions.

1. Does the standard edition include all the maps, including maps to be released in the near future?

2. What is the Year 1 Pass, and what are 4 Battle Passes?

Knowing from BF5, the maps should be free for everyone but the weapons are locked except on some case. And year 1 pass is probably another of those "battle pass" scheme which means youll get one for the entire year (3 months battle pass genuinely sounds very generous though so dont quote me there)

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

31 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Knowing from BF5, the maps should be free for everyone but the weapons are locked except on some case. And year 1 pass is probably another of those "battle pass" scheme which means youll get one for the entire year (3 months battle pass genuinely sounds very generous though so dont quote me there)

Free content was less and less each game in the Battlefield series. It wouldn't surprise me to see that new maps are also behind a paywall.

Also, finally EA moved from the permanent "Season Pass" type DLC to a yearly pass! I bet most people will happily pay yearly to get the newest contents of the game.

Man, i miss the times where you would buy the game and then maybe a season pass to get the all the content. It wasn't even that long ago. Battlefield 3 and 4 worked like that and somehow EA didn't need to announce bankrupcy back then.

Probably another EA game that i'm just gonna skip. Or when i buy it i make sure to get it from somewhere where i know EA is not gonna see a single cent of my money.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Probably another EA game that i'm just gonna skip. Or when i buy it i make sure to get it from somewhere where i know EA is not gonna see a single cent of my money.

Honestly if the gameplay pretty much just kill off what makes BF5 shit, its probably a buy for me. Just gotta wait for those brave souls who wanna find out if there's an alligator in the river, so to speak.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

24 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Honestly if the gameplay pretty much just kill off what makes BF5 shit, its probably a buy for me. Just gotta wait for those brave souls who wanna find out if there's an alligator in the river, so to speak.

If it is anything like the old 2042 it will be interesting at least. I might buy it in a couple years when the complete edition is like 5€.

Are they going back from the woke to a their normal roots? The trailer looks sick, hope the helicopter is not like in BF4 being instakilled by infantry.

1. Yes the standard edition will include all maps, even new maps added to the game later

2. The Gold and Ultimate will get you game access on October 15th instead of 22nd. They will also give you a Year 1 pass, meaning you get the first 4 battle passes (3 months each). So you can access the paid content of each battle pass. I read somewhere that the "free version" of the battlepass that comes with the Standard version will include everything related to gameplay like weapons or specalist abilities and that the paid battle pass just unlocks cosmetics. So pretty much like cod warzone, I could be wrong though.

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms