Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My new pc won't post

I just upgrade a bunch of stuff in my computer, and now it won't post. I got new WD ssds, a ASUS TUF gaming x570-plus mob, a Corsair RM 650x, and some vengeance rgb pro ram ( 8x2 ).

I am reusing my Ryzen 2700x and my 1060. 

I am getting fan spin, and all the rgb in my computer turns on, there just not post, nothing happens to my monitor, when I start it up, it's not even reading a signal. 

There is also a red Led on the mother board with the text "CPU" next to it. But my CPU was working yesterday, when I took it out of my old rig. 

I have already made sure all the pin and cables are secure, there are no bent or dirty pins on the CPU, the ram and gpu are in properly, I have even tried different ram. But nothing fixes it.

Anyone got any ideas on what I could do?

Try this before doing anything else. 

Turn off power supply. (Or unplug)

Remove cmos battery

Press the power button for 20 seconds

Replace cmos battery

Turn on power supply

11 minutes ago, Blaze67 said:

I just upgrade a bunch of stuff in my computer, and now it won't post. I got new WD ssds, a ASUS TUF gaming x570-plus mob, a Corsair RM 650x, and some vengeance rgb pro ram ( 8x2 ).

I am reusing my Ryzen 2700x and my 1060. 

I am getting fan spin, and all the rgb in my computer turns on, there just not post, nothing happens to my monitor, when I start it up, it's not even reading a signal. 

There is also a red Led on the mother board with the text "CPU" next to it. But my CPU was working yesterday, when I took it out of my old rig. 

I have already made sure all the pin and cables are secure, there are no bent or dirty pins on the CPU, the ram and gpu are in properly, I have even tried different ram. But nothing fixes it.

Anyone got any ideas on what I could do?

First thing to try is to get the machine to boot with ONE storage device; too many may confuse a new 'board if it doesn't find an OS.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for additional info. added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

19 minutes ago, Sat1600 said:

Try this before doing anything else. 

Turn off power supply. (Or unplug)

Remove cmos battery

Press the power button for 20 seconds

Replace cmos battery

Turn on power supply

I just tried that, and it didn't do anything. Thanks for the suggestion tho

23 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

First thing to try is to get the machine to boot with ONE storage device; too many may confuse a new 'board if it doesn't find an OS.

I just tried and had no luck, thanks for the suggestion tho

One thing I didn't mention, and have no idea if it matters or not. But the gpu fans spin on start up, but do not continuously spin like the rest of the case fans. 

1 hour ago, Blaze67 said:

One thing I didn't mention, and have no idea if it matters or not. But the gpu fans spin on start up, but do not continuously spin like the rest of the case fans. 

That's just the graphics card 'self testing'...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for additional info. added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!