stutters due to low gpu usage

Mando772004

3080 is just too powerful for some games at 1080p like gta 5 to the point that the usage is like 40% and i noticed the game stutters and the gpu usage drops to 25% then goes back. this only happens in games that barely use the card like gta 5 as mentioned and also Hitman. both are ran at ultra however the problem is resolved when i use msaa 8x on gta cuz this bumps the gpu usage too high like 96% so stuttering is gone. i just wanna know if this is normal

running a 5800x at 4.6-4.8ghz while gaming temps are good on my card and cpu never exceed 75

3 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

both are ran at ultra however the problem is resolved when i use msaa 8x on gta cuz this bumps the gpu usage too high like 96% so stuttering is gone. i just wanna know if this is normal

Well i dont know if it would be "normal", but i dont understand why you wouldnt want to run the game without msaa 8x since it looks better and somehow resolves your problem. 

Just now, DankDeuxez said:

Well i dont know if it would be "normal", but i dont understand why you wouldnt want to run the game without msaa 8x since it looks better and somehow resolves your problem. 

no i would run it but i just wanna know if this is normal 

1 minute ago, InfernalClaw said:

no i would run it but i just wanna know if this is normal 

Ah yeah. Well i dont really know if its normal for some stutter to appear. The game should still run at 60+ FPS even if it only utilizes the card to around 20% as stated. Tho i wouldnt really look further into it since it has a fix and otherwise seems to run great.

Just now, DankDeuxez said:

Ah yeah. Well i dont really know if its normal for some stutter to appear. The game should still run at 60+ FPS even if it only utilizes the card to around 20% as stated. Tho i wouldnt really look further into it since it has a fix and otherwise seems to run great.

yeah dude even when it stutters its still running at like 150+ frames

17 hours ago, InfernalClaw said:

yeah dude even when it stutters its still running at like 150+ frames

you sure this isnt a monitor tearing issue?

Ryzen 9 5900x CPU

Asus Dual 3070 + EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3070 GPU(S)

Asus ROG Strix B550-F Motherboard

Corsair Dominator 16x2 3600mhz RAM

Corsair H100x AIO

Rosewill S500 Case

Thermaltake RIING 12 fans (4)

5 minutes ago, Beyond_The_Berm said:

you sure this isnt a monitor tearing issue?

no its visible stutters i mean the game stutters aka drops to 0 fps then in less than a second goes back to its normal 150+ frames

no its visible stutters i mean the game stutters aka drops to 0 fps then in less than a second goes back to its normal 150+ frames

How many SSDs you have in your system?  

Ryzen 9 5900x CPU

Corsair H100x AIO

Rosewill S500 Case

Just now, Beyond_The_Berm said:

2 one 970 evo plus i have my windows on and one kingston m.2 sata which i have cyberpunk on

1 minute ago, Beyond_The_Berm said:

by the way i noticed even after getting my new pc i have a common problem with my older pc which is as soon i sign in to windows after my pc has booted i have to spam the search bar for it to work otherwise itll not work and even searching on google chrome wont work. you know whats common between those 2 pc's? the windows its on the same 970 evo plus ssd and my 2 hard drives which arent used for anything related to my windows

Hmm, may be hitting a bandwidth limit of some sort during game?  Are you able to remove a drive without affecting a couple games?

Ryzen 9 5900x CPU

Corsair H100x AIO

Rosewill S500 Case

Hmm, may be hitting a bandwidth limit of some sort during game?  Are you able to remove a drive without affecting a couple games?

which drive exactly?

which drive exactly?

preferably one of the evos as they are sitting in a pciex4 slot with the most bandwidth

Ryzen 9 5900x CPU

Corsair H100x AIO

Rosewill S500 Case

referable one of the evos as they are sitting in a pciex4 slot with the most bandwidth

its a bit hard to go into my pc and remove anything since firstly the card is blocking everything and im not good with pc's? is there any suggestion other than that like maybe putting my windows on my kingston ssd?

its a bit hard to go into my pc and remove anything since firstly the card is blocking everything and im not good with pc's? is there any suggestion other than that like maybe putting my windows on my kingston ssd?

Eh, not really.  Looking to essentially free up some communication lanes to see if that is the true issue.  In game, plays fine, access the hdd and bam..bandwidth issue pressents by dropped frames because the GPU doesnt have enough communication to the rest of the system.

Ryzen 9 5900x CPU

Corsair H100x AIO

Rosewill S500 Case

3 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

Check your BIOS and see what speed each PCIE slot is working at...in fact in GPU-Z you can see how the GPU is connected and communicating (16x4, 16x8, 16x1, 16x16 etc..) 

Ryzen 9 5900x CPU

Corsair H100x AIO

Rosewill S500 Case