My game lagg spikes a lot when i play for long

savey
2 hours ago, savey said:

hello, my game starts lagging alot when i play for a long time,

1. Which game(s)?
  2. What type of internet connection and speeds paying for?
  3. What is make/model of router and any other network equipment connecting through?
  4. How hot do these devices get under heavy usage?
  5. Is there any other activity on the network at the same time when you’re playing games? E.g. downloading, streaming, etc. Anyone else using the network simultaneously?

5 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:
  1. Which game(s)?
  2. What type of internet connection and speeds paying for?
  3. What is make/model of router and any other network equipment connecting through?
  4. How hot do these devices get under heavy usage?
  5. Is there any other activity on the network at the same time when you’re playing games? E.g. downloading, streaming, etc. Anyone else using the network simultaneously?

1. FiveM (Gta roleplay)

2. Internet speed is about 65Mbps

3. Router model is: KPN

4. devices het arround 60 degrees

5. nope

6 hours ago, savey said:

1. FiveM (Gta roleplay)

1. Where are these servers hosted? (My understanding is that these are not official Rockstar servers.)
  2. Can you run a ping/traceroute to the server IP and post the response times you get?
  3. Are there many other gamers connected on the same server?
  4. Do you know if they experience the same behaviour?

6 hours ago, savey said:

Router model is: KPN

You’re going to need to give us more information than that since it’s not a common brand. Look on the box itself to find what is printed on the sticker.

6 hours ago, savey said:

devices het arround 60 degrees

Is that the router/gateway getting this hot? If you can put your hand on it and tolerate the warmth for about 10s without feeling pain, then that’s probably OK. I assume that’s 60 degrees C which is around 140 degrees F.

If you turn off the router for about half hour or so to let it cool down, turn it back on and start playing games, how long do you take to notice a performance hit and does it correspond with a higher temperature on the router itself?

In the meantime, install the latest Intel driver for the I211 after uninstalling the old ones.