780, 780 Ti, 770 4GB SLI?

Jesmund
Go to solution Solved by DJHoro,

if you can afford the 780Ti

go for that 

period

seriously the 780Ti will outperform its lesser siblings even the 770 in SLi

a 780 Ti will not outperform a 770 in SLI. The major downsides for SLI 770s are Power consumption, Heat and memory bandwidth. For 1080p though the bandwidth is more than enough. 

I'm going to be playing BF4 mainly, i'd like to achieve 120 fps, 1080p on ultra or high settings.

So which one's the best for it's price? And is 780 going to get me 120 fps on high or even ultra? If not, then 780 ti vs 770 SLI? Also i have a 3570K, not sure if oc'ing but there's a chance i will. Thanks!

if you want highest performance for the money than a 770 SLI > a 780 Ti but if you get a 780 Ti you can always SLI in the future (Expensive). SLI can have more problems than a single card solution but with Most AAA title games this isnt much of an issue. I haven't heard of any modern demanding game that doesn't support SLI. Just know that there will be some games where SLI wont scale properly and sometimes you need to wait for Nvidia to release SLI drivers to even utilize a second card (usually doesn't take long).

I'm going to be playing BF4 mainly, i'd like to achieve 120 fps, 1080p on ultra or high settings.

So which one's the best for it's price? And is 780 going to get me 120 fps on high or even ultra? If not, then 780 ti vs 770 SLI? Also i have a 3570K, not sure if oc'ing but there's a chance i will. Thanks!

go for that 

period

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

A GTX 780 would probably suffice but if you wanna make sure you get those required 120 FPS then you'll probably be looking at the GTX 780 Ti.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

go for that 

period

a 780 Ti will not outperform a 770 in SLI. The major downsides for SLI 770s are Power consumption, Heat and memory bandwidth. For 1080p though the bandwidth is more than enough. 

if you want highest performance for the money than a 770 SLI > a 780 Ti but if you get a 780 Ti you can always SLI in the future (Expensive). SLI can have more problems than a single card solution but with Most AAA title games this isnt much of an issue. I haven't heard of any modern demanding game that doesn't support SLI. Just know that there will be some games where SLI wont scale properly and sometimes you need to wait for Nvidia to release SLI drivers to even utilize a second card (usually doesn't take long).

Ok i've made my decision... first i'm going to buy a single 780 and after couple months go SLI. Seems like a legit choice to you? After all if a bought a 780ti i would'nt have money left for a 144hz monitor lol. Now i can play those couple months 60fps on ultra tho. ;) THEN! :D buy a another one and at the same time buy the monitor. :) yay