My pc can only handle 44100 hz why is that?

wolfff

So i got a brand new audio interface that goes up to 192khz, but if i put it any higher than 44100 on my input or output it all just crashes,

why is this

Just now, Mel0nMan said:

What is "it"? Are you changing the setting in Windows or in an audio application? 

windows controll panel, i change the HZ of the quality

cacd7add4812cbc5ede9336f78427adb.png

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

What is "it"? Are you changing the setting in Windows or in an audio application? 

Make sure you've got the driver installed and the right input/output device selected.

i have, but still i cant go over without having issues. why is this?

3 minutes ago, wolfff said:

i have, but still i cant go over without having issues. why is this?

Could be an issue with your CPU, what are your specs?

If it's an external DAC connected thru USB, make sure it's on 3.0 or higher instead of 2.0.

Could be an issue with your CPU, what are your specs?

If it's an external DAC connected thru USB, make sure it's on 3.0 or higher instead of 2.0.

actually the people that manufactured and produced my audio interface told me i should use the 2.0 port, i don't know why but it seems to work.

i got a ryzen 7 1700, but soon i will build a new pc with an i9 10850k

1 minute ago, wolfff said:

actually the people that manufactured and produced my audio interface told me i should use the 2.0 port, i don't know why but it seems to work.

i got a ryzen 7 1700, but soon i will build a new pc with an i9 10850k

Hmm... Perhaps try switching USB ports. If you've got multiple 2.0 ports maybe switch it to a different one

i also did that, i used to have HELLA problems with my front usb ports, theyre awefull... well lets hope my new pc don't have no problems

Is it actually installed correctly and not just the basic windows drivers.
Also is it selected as main audio interface? (Rather main audio output/input)

7 minutes ago, wolfff said:

i also did that, i used to have HELLA problems with my front usb ports, theyre awefull... well lets hope my new pc don't have no problems

Well think of it like this, there are USB ports on the motherboard for back ports as well as the front, you then connect that frotn one trough a cable to the front of the case.
So just think of it as USB connection that is pre-extended. So those will always be worse (marginaly) then back ports.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Just now, HanZie82 said:

Is it actually installed correctly and not just the basic windows drivers.
Also is it selected as main audio interface? (Rather main audio output/input)

yes, i have the drivers for the komplete audio 6 mk2 installed, and i have set the input and the output as default device in my settings

You have to match the sampling rate and bit depth of the input and the output device. It won't work to just set the output to 24 bit/96 kHz. Miss-matched sample rates will lead to instability and glitches. And disable exclusive control.

1 hour ago, HenrySalayne said:

You have to match the sampling rate and bit depth of the input and the output device. It won't work to just set the output to 24 bit/96 kHz. Miss-matched sample rates will lead to instability and glitches. And disable exclusive control.

you mean in stuff like fl studio?

Keep in mind that most content you'll be playing back is 44.1k, so trying to set it to 192k won't work.

It also really doesn't matter, since the 20 kHz bandwidth limitation of 44.1 kHz sample rates is right at the threshold of audibility. Most people can't hear 20 kHz (some can, obviously), but even if you can, most content has almost nothing in the 20 kHz frequency range, so 44.1 kHz sample rates is more than fast enough.

192k matters more for recording, but it's most useful for measurements where being able to take measurements up to 96 kHz is quite valuable.

On 6/11/2021 at 5:42 AM, H713 said:

Keep in mind that most content you'll be playing back is 44.1k, so trying to set it to 192k won't work.

It also really doesn't matter, since the 20 kHz bandwidth limitation of 44.1 kHz sample rates is right at the threshold of audibility. Most people can't hear 20 kHz (some can, obviously), but even if you can, most content has almost nothing in the 20 kHz frequency range, so 44.1 kHz sample rates is more than fast enough.

192k matters more for recording, but it's most useful for measurements where being able to take measurements up to 96 kHz is quite valuable.

most content i will be playing is music production in FL studio. even though the human ears cant really really hear that much difference i still would like to make use of all the quality that i can get.

Ok. So are you using FL Studio via the ASIO driver? Than it's most likely your buffer settings. You were posting a picture of the Windows control panel, but in a DAW you want to use the sound interface exclusively by your DAW.