Pc wont boot at ram speed

Mando772004

Just got my new build with a b550 tomahawk max and 4x8 corsair vengeance pro rgb memory and it doesnt boot when i set it to xmp profile 1 or 2. I updated the bios and am still receiving the issue. My psu is gx850 80+ gold seasonic

What CPU and what RAM speed and timing (the C/CAS on the box)? Those 2 are way more important in this diagnose than a PSU.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

18 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

What CPU and what RAM speed and timing (the C/CAS on the box)? Those 2 are way more important in this diagnose than a PSU.

16-18-18-36 all of them and 3200 mhz. For the cpu speed at default its at 3.8ghz and it reaches 4.7 ghz. By the way a couple hour ago it booted on 3200 mhz i just dont know why now it wont boot guess ill just go to the guy tomorrow and replace the memory or something

2 hours ago, InfernalClaw said:

For the cpu speed

Did i fucking ask for that? I mean the model, Jeez.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

7 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

What CPU and what RAM speed and timing 

that was an unnecessary reaction, look how its worded, its fairly easy to make that mistake

his ram is :

HYPER X FURY DDR4 3733 MHZ CL19 MEMORY 16GB

16-18-18-36 

His CPU is :

Ryzen 5 3600 

Do you mean it doesn't boot, or post. Is there any activity when you turn it on?

32 minutes ago, Johnston said:

His CPU is :

Ryzen 5 3600 

There, not that hard to identify right? Anyway, the memory controller should be able to pull the XMP mhz as is, so its definitely the RAM being an issue. How about dialing it with higher volt (1.35-1.45v would be the range on that)? But honestly at CL19 XMP he better clock down to something like 3000 CL16 with higher voltage. Itll still have the same latency regardless, but way less imbalanced.

1 hour ago, Johnston said:

that was an unnecessary reaction, look how its worded, its fairly easy to make that mistake

his ram is :

16-18-18-36 

His CPU is :

Ryzen 5 3600 

Do you mean it doesn't boot, or post. Is there any activity when you turn it on?

No no thats my old pc

42 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

There, not that hard to identify right? Anyway, the memory controller should be able to pull the XMP mhz as is, so its definitely the RAM being an issue. How about dialing it with higher volt (1.35-1.45v would be the range on that)? But honestly at CL19 XMP he better clock down to something like 3000 CL16 with higher voltage. Itll still have the same latency regardless, but way less imbalanced.

Dude i got a new pc thats the old one my ram is corsair vengeance rgb pro

1 hour ago, Johnston said:

his ram is :

16-18-18-36 

His CPU is :

Ryzen 5 3600 

No it just black screens 

46 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Specs: rtx 3080 32gb 4x8 corsair memory ryzen 7 5800x b550 tomahawk

43 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

Specs: rtx 3080 32gb 4x8 corsair memory ryzen 7 5800x b550 tomahawk

Yeah that should handily run any memory at its rated speed. Refer to the problem solving i told ya before, but just ignore the speed thing as it doesnt apply to ya.

49 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

Dude i got a new pc thats the old one my ram is corsair vengeance rgb pro

Yeah, i was being hot trash on that one. Genuinely apologies for being a dickhead, it was really out of frustration of the day.

5 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Yeah that should handily run any memory at its rated speed. Refer to the problem solving i told ya before, but just ignore the speed thing as it doesnt apply to ya.

Yeah, i was being hot trash on that one. Genuinely apologies for being a dickhead, it was really out of frustration of the day.

All good man

22 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Did i fucking ask for that? I mean the model, Jeez.

Whoa... relax.  The OP has enough problems going on without your discourteous words.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

On 6/9/2021 at 9:32 PM, InfernalClaw said:

Just got my new build with a b550 tomahawk max and 4x8 corsair vengeance pro rgb memory and it doesnt boot when i set it to xmp profile 1 or 2. I updated the bios and am still receiving the issue. My psu is gx850 80+ gold seasonic

Not sure if you have checked your ram voltages, but first thing first check to see what voltage the sticks should run at.  increase it by 5% and try there.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

3 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

Not sure if you have checked your ram voltages, but first thing first check to see what voltage the sticks should run at.  increase it by 5% and try there.

it worked i just went to the guy he switched memory places and reset bios and voila works like a charm. sorry i forgot to shut down the thread