You guys inspired this build "Our Craziest Cooling Project Yet"

Xigoez

I loved this video and always wanted a water cooled machine with a car radiator. So I went and did it.

I love how this machine turned out. Check out my setup.

Radiator is passively cooled ran Cinebench for an hour with the max temp being 60 c only have a 6600k running at 4.5 Ghz. Water pump never goes above minimum flow. I love it. Just need to make a water block for my 3070........ Trying on a old graphics card first.

I used a civic rad. Mounted a atx MOBO tray from a old PC case I had. for the reduces and feet I 3d printed them. Had to learn freeCAD for that. Stuck to the car feel and kept it all black and shrouded the wires in  the same tubing as the soft water lines.

PXL_20210608_210846127.jpg

PXL_20210608_210829942.jpg

PXL_20210608_210838907.jpg

Love it! It actually looks really cool and be sure to get some overclocking done! 😁 

my signiture was cool, but its a lie now

Looks awesome and there's so much thermal capacity that the rad is enough fan less.  Very cool project!

For those not familiar with the inspirational video:

At least yours is properly sealed and not leaking as fast as it can pump 😉

* your thread was moved to the Build Logs section, please always post in the appropriate section *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

I can't really tell what CPU block you are using but I would highly recommend using nothing but EK Fluid Gaming parts to anyone considering a loop like this.

Car rads like this are completely made out of aluminium, so it makes sense to run nothing but aluminium in every other part of the loop - CPU block, GPU block, pump, even the fittings.

Mixing metals is generaly considered a bad idea in the long term, especially aluminium and any other metal (brass, copper and nickel plated copper are considered similar enough and shouldn't react too much with eachother, but aluminium is very different).

With all aluminium parts from EK your choices of blocks will be limited (unless you plan to make custom blocks out of aluminium in the future) but you will avoid all of the headaches that come with mixing metals in a loop.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II