Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are the any good HDR displays around 43 inches

I'm looking for a tv/monitor that has really good hdr for my ps5 and as a second screen on my pc to play story games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Budget? Nothing beats OLED in my opinion, bar the burn, in and LG just so happens to have a 4348" version of the CX.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tikker said:

Budget? Nothing beats OLED in my opinion, bar the burn, in and LG just so happens to have a 43" version of the CX.

$1500. Oh I'll have a look at that the only thing is I'm a little scared of getting burn in

Link to post
Share on other sites

That 43" CX LG panel is basically going to be it. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  32GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  ASUS GTX 1660 Super  |  WD Black SN750 500GB NVMe  |  WD Blue 500GB SATA  |  Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SATA  |  Corsair TX650  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |
 

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GL650F-B  |

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Action_Johnson said:

That 43" CX LG panel is basically going to be it. 

I can only find a 48 inch cx

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Smackaroy said:

I can only find a 48 inch cx

Oh yeah, that's the one I meant. But when you're talking that big, what's 5 inches? 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  32GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  ASUS GTX 1660 Super  |  WD Black SN750 500GB NVMe  |  WD Blue 500GB SATA  |  Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SATA  |  Corsair TX650  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |
 

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GL650F-B  |

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smackaroy said:

I can only find a 48 inch cx

Oh yeah, whoops. They have a 48" version, not a 43".

7 minutes ago, Smackaroy said:

$1500. Oh I'll have a look at that the only thing is I'm a little scared of getting burn in

If you treat it with a bit of care (avoid static UIs, hide taskbar, black background that kind of thing) it's not that huge of a deal.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Action_Johnson said:

Oh yeah, that's the one I meant. But when you're talking that big, what's 5 inches? 

I'll take it into consideration. Is there any thing that isn't a oled that's any good.

 

I've also been looks at the gigabyte fv43u but I'm not sure if that's any good 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Smackaroy said:

I'll take it into consideration. Is there any thing that isn't a oled that's any good.

 

I've also been looks at the gigabyte fv43u but I'm not sure if that's any good 

 

Seems to be edge lit, which isn't ideal. I found one review that seemed quite content with it. Personally I haven't seen it, but for this amount of money I would go OLED. I find the absolute blacks it can offer more appealing than 1000 nits brightness. OLEDs are more susceptible to poor visibility in bright rooms however, due to their relatively low brightness, so if you have that kind of environment another display may be a better choice.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Smackaroy said:

Is there any thing that isn't a oled that's any good.

mini led, oled like blacks without the burns.

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tikker said:

Seems to be edge lit, which isn't ideal. I found one review that seemed quite content with it. Personally I haven't seen it, but for this amount of money I would go OLED. I find the absolute blacks it can offer more appealing than 1000 nits brightness. OLEDs are more susceptible to poor visibility in bright rooms however, due to their relatively low brightness, so if you have that kind of environment another display may be a better choice.

Ok thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When it comes to TV sizes, 55" is where u start seeing the higher end LCDs capable of good HDR.

For OLED u ofc have the 48" option.

 

For monitors theres only a few options for high brightness HDR, but they all have their 'issues'. The best and brightest is the Predator X27, but its ridiculously expensive. The Odyssey G9 is another option, but it to has issues.

Basically by the time ur looking at ~1000nit HDR on monitors ..or TVs for that matter, u might aswell fork out for the 48" OLED, it doesnt get anywhere near as bright but has none of the issues present in LCD displays, e.g slow pixel response, viewing angles, uniformity, etc.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w | VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma |

GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC w/OC & Barrow Block | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 Evo 256GB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P |

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

When it comes to TV sizes, 55" is where u start seeing the higher end LCDs capable of good HDR.

For OLED u ofc have the 48" option.

 

For monitors theres only a few options for high brightness HDR, but they all have their 'issues'. The best and brightest is the Predator X27, but its ridiculously expensive. The Odyssey G9 is another option, but it to has issues.

Basically by the time ur looking at ~1000nit HDR on monitors ..or TVs for that matter, u might aswell fork out for the 48" OLED, it doesnt get anywhere near as bright but has none of the issues present in LCD displays, e.g slow pixel response, viewing angles, uniformity, etc.

I'm just a little worried I'm not going to be able to fit it. If I had the space I would get one of the samsung neo displays.

 

I wish TV manufacturers made higher end TVs that are smaller, but I do understand why they don't people who want big monitors is a tiny market.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ASUS is the only one that has a great selection of solid 43” monitors.

 

https://www.asus.com/us/Displays-Desktops/Monitors/All-series/filter?Category=35-and-above

 

As far as OLED burn in there’s a difference between burn in and image retention. Image retention is temporary and the CX series has two special things it does to prevent both which is pixel shifting (slightly shifting pixels on the screen that’s not distinguishable while using it - for example a life bar that’s static on a game can shift slightly thus making the pixel refresh to something different) as well as a full screen pixel refresh when it detects the display is not in use (which can also be manually ran) or the tv is turned off. The CX series is the cream of the crop when it comes to gaming, it’s the holy grail of gaming TV’s and many have adopted the smallest size as a gaming monitor. For picture quality nothing else will even comes close, at least with all the gaming features it has. Note that if you do get it you have to manually set the hdmi port you use into PC mode for full specs and full range RGB. The only thing you should worry about when it comes to the CX series is the size which has been the only buyers remorse anyone I’ve heard from has had regarding that tv series as a monitor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 48" C1 is gonna be the best option. But if you absolutely don't want OLED, then scrap your HDR plans. MiniLED monitors that can deliver a good HDR experience like the Asus PG32UQX are $2500 and up. And everything else on the market is garbage edge-lit HDR that cannot display deep blacks and bright highlights at the same time. And even the ridiculously expensive MiniLED monitors can't even get close to the detail of an OLED image that doesn't need to depend on dimming zones.

Dislaimer: If my post is older than 5 minutes, refresh the page. Most of my posts get edited straight away. 😄

 

PSU Tier List          AMD Motherboard Tier List          SSD Tier List

 

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

 

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 1:30 PM, Stahlmann said:

The 48" C1 is gonna be the best option. But if you absolutely don't want OLED, then scrap your HDR plans. MiniLED monitors that can deliver a good HDR experience like the Asus PG32UQX are $2500 and up. And everything else on the market is garbage edge-lit HDR that cannot display deep blacks and bright highlights at the same time. And even the ridiculously expensive MiniLED monitors can't even get close to the detail of an OLED image that doesn't need to depend on dimming zones.

Think I'm going to wait for the 42 inch oled

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would get the oled but that low brightness and burn in even with reassurance still puts me off

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Smackaroy said:

I would get the oled but that low brightness and burn in even with reassurance still puts me off

Low brightness? OLEDs still get brighter than most LCD monitors. Sure, there are TV's that get brighter compared to OLED, but you show me a monitor under $1500 than can decently support HDR and get up to 750-850 nits (depending on the exact OLED TV that's about where they end up). All good HDR monitors that can also get brighter than the OLED end up at $2000+.

 

Burn-in is not a big deal when you use the display accordingly. Don't turn off the TV's internal anti burn-in features like auto-logo-dimming, screen shift, etc., hide your taskbar, set a black wallpaper, etc. There are many things you can do that prevent burn-in and don't really affect your experience.

Dislaimer: If my post is older than 5 minutes, refresh the page. Most of my posts get edited straight away. 😄

 

PSU Tier List          AMD Motherboard Tier List          SSD Tier List

 

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

 

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 2:43 AM, Smackaroy said:

I'll take it into consideration. Is there any thing that isn't a oled that's any good.

 

I've also been looks at the gigabyte fv43u but I'm not sure if that's any good 

 

I am currently using it - it's good, detail in the dark is probably not as good as OLED (honestly can't tell the the different though) but it can do a lot better HDR spark (it's quite a bit brighter, can get to 1000 nit easily) and produce a life-like ligthing. 

 

It has a few quirks bot overall well worth the price tag, I am personally more happy with it than the CX OLED (can be a pain to deal with sometime) even if I have to sacrificise some image quality

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Low brightness? OLEDs still get brighter than most LCD monitors. Sure, there are TV's that get brighter compared to OLED, but you show me a monitor under $1500 than can decently support HDR and get up to 750-850 nits (depending on the exact OLED TV that's about where they end up). All good HDR monitors that can also get brighter than the OLED end up at $2000+.

 

Burn-in is not a big deal when you use the display accordingly. Don't turn off the TV's internal anti burn-in features like auto-logo-dimming, screen shift, etc., hide your taskbar, set a black wallpaper, etc. There are many things you can do that prevent burn-in and don't really affect your experience.

A lot of LCD monitor can get brighter than OLED, the FV43U I am using defintely can but also stuff like ROG PG43UQ, XG43UQ, Acer CG437K, BM270 I could go on. You can get a relatively decent HDR1000 monitor for 1000-1500 buck (theoratically anyway)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, e22big said:

I am currently using it - it's good, detail in the dark is probably not as good as OLED (honestly can't tell the the different though) but it can do a lot better HDR spark (it's quite a bit brighter, can get to 1000 nit easily) and produce a life-like ligthing. 

If i remember correctly, it's a edge-lit dimming monitor. So one of my points doesn't apply do your monitor.

 

5 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

that can decently support HDR

Idk if you ever tried a proper dimming monitor. But if you did, there is no way you're still set on the opinion of your monitor giving good HDR.

 

3 minutes ago, e22big said:

FV43U I am using defintely can but also stuff like ROG PG43UQ, XG43UQ, Acer CG437K, BM270 I could go on. You can get a relatively decent HDR1000 monitor for 1000-1500 buck (theoratically anyway)

The FV43U, , XG43UQ and CG437K only have subpar edge-lit local dimming, so realistically no real HDR support. High brightness =/= HDR. The PG43UQ is twice as expensive at $3000. And i can't even find the B270.

Dislaimer: If my post is older than 5 minutes, refresh the page. Most of my posts get edited straight away. 😄

 

PSU Tier List          AMD Motherboard Tier List          SSD Tier List

 

Current Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E - GPU: PNY RTX 3080 XLR8 Epic-X - RAM: 4x8GB (32GB) G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600MHz CL16 - PSU: Corsair RMx (2018) 850W - Storage: 500 GB Corsair MP600 (Boot) + 2 TB Sabrent Rocket Q (Storage) - Cooling: EK, HW Labs & Alphacool custom loop - Case: Lian-Li PC O11 Dynamic - Fans: 6x Noctua NF-A12x25 - AMP/DAC: FiiO K5 Pro - OS: Windows 10 Pro - Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG35VQ - Mouse: Logitech G Pro + Powerplay - Keyboard: Logitech G915 - Headphones: Beyerdynamic Amiron Home - Microphone: Antlion ModMic

 

Temperatures @steady state: Furmark + CinebenchR23 running for 1 hour. Fans @850RPM. Pump @1600RPM.

Water: 37°C

CPU: 73°C

GPU: 54°C

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also if im not mistaken, those 43" 'monitors' which use TV panels, are using VA panels, so realistically an OLED while maybe not as bright, has far better pixel response speed and thus far better moving image clarity which is important for gaming.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w | VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma |

GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC w/OC & Barrow Block | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + Samsung 850 Evo 256GB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P |

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Also if im not mistaken, those 43" 'monitors' which use TV panels, are using VA panels, so realistically an OLED while maybe not as bright, has far better pixel response speed and thus far better moving image clarity which is important for gaming.

I wouldn't be using it for competive games I have another monitor for that, but it's still nice to have faster response times.

 

I have decided to wait for the 42 inch oleds and buy one of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×