Helping my friend find a pre-built

Go to solution Solved by Downkey,
11 minutes ago, lerodemmy said:

Budget (including currency): $1,600

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: World of Warcraft and others

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm trying to help my friend find a pre-built and he's under the impression he should buy one from Amazon, which I believe are overpriced and don't tell you the model of any of the components except the CPU.  So I'm trying to steer him away from that.

I don't think Origin PC offers anything in his price range, so I think I should recommend Digital Storm to him because they built me a custom PC in 2016 and I loved it.  I spent a lot more than 1,600, however, so my components were of high quality.  I guess my question is, if I direct him to Digital Storm, are the Digital Storm branded components (SSD, RAM, PSU, etc.) they use in their lower-end machines reliable?

Also, are iBUYPOWER or CyberPower any good?

I would avoid digital storm. they are a boutique brand and with the current market, their stuff is crazy overpriced.

This would be better. Not great but it should be okay for WOW : https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Ryzen-5-3rd-Gen-Configurator/W/1510918

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: World of Warcraft and others

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm trying to help my friend find a pre-built and he's under the impression he should buy one from Amazon, which I believe are overpriced and don't tell you the model of any of the components except the CPU.  So I'm trying to steer him away from that.

I don't think Origin PC offers anything in his price range, so I think I should recommend Digital Storm to him because they built me a custom PC in 2016 and I loved it.  I spent a lot more than 1,600, however, so my components were of high quality.  I guess my question is, if I direct him to Digital Storm, are the Digital Storm branded components (SSD, RAM, PSU, etc.) they use in their lower-end machines reliable?

CPUIntel Core i9-14900K I GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming I MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming I RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB I SSDSamsung 980 Pro 2TB I PSUCorsair RM1000x (2021) I Cooler: Corsair iCUE Link H150i I CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow I FansCorsair QX120 x10 Cables: Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB I MouseCorsair Nightsabre Wireless Mouse Pad: Asus ROG Sheath Monitor: Aorus FV43U 

11 minutes ago, lerodemmy said:

I would avoid digital storm. they are a boutique brand and with the current market, their stuff is crazy overpriced.

This would be better. Not great but it should be okay for WOW : https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/AMD-Ryzen-5-3rd-Gen-Configurator/W/1510918

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

2 hours ago, Downkey said:

Thank you!

CPUIntel Core i9-14900K I GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming I MotherboardAsus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming I RAM: Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB I SSDSamsung 980 Pro 2TB I PSUCorsair RM1000x (2021) I Cooler: Corsair iCUE Link H150i I CaseCorsair 5000D Airflow I FansCorsair QX120 x10 Cables: Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB I MouseCorsair Nightsabre Wireless Mouse Pad: Asus ROG Sheath Monitor: Aorus FV43U