Looking for a new smartphone, good battery life, excellent camera, at least 128gb of storage

Mouse-Potato

Hi,

As the title suggests i need a new phone.

Currently I'm using a pixel 3a and really like the Cera quality, but it's slow as heck and laggy which drives me crazy.

I need something that i can rely on but has good performance, storage, camera for photography and a decent battery.

I'm not really an Apple fan and I'm still unsure about Samsung.

I was looking at some Xiaomi's but i don't have much experience on their camera quality.

Maybe there are some new phones coming out soon that are worth while waiting for ?

Any ideas are welcome

Thanks guys !

11 hours ago, huilun02 said:

I suppose you are open to larger phones? Coming from the small 3a

Gonna need a budget and link to where you intend to get it from

Need to retain headphone jack? Or any other things you want to keep / would like to have

Your 3a uses the SD670 with 4GB RAM and only 64GB of eMMC storage, which is extremely limiting and probably the reason why it runs like dogshit now (so much for Google's updates I guess)

Thanks for your reply.

As for size i kind of like the size of the 3a, i wouldn't have a problem going bigger but don't want to be hauling around a brick, i also always put a case on my phone as well to limit breakage if i drop it.

I'd say my budget is about 800€.

A headphone jack would be nice but not a necessity since i use Bluetooth mostly.

Some water resistance would be cool, i don't want a phone that is locked like with IPhones or some Samsung phones, I'd like to be able to use it for file storage so more storage the better, i end up having to back up my pictures with this pixel and it drives me nuts, Google photos compressed all my pictures and now they are poor resolution which really pisses me off.

https://m.boulanger.com/

https://www.fnac.com/

https://www.amazon.fr/

3 hours ago, huilun02 said:

How about this

https://www.amazon.fr/Samsung-Galaxy-S10-Smartphone-Européenne/dp/B07NWRXQWQ/

512GB internal storage, can be further expanded

8GB RAM

IP68 rated

Headphone jack

Stereo speakers

Wireless charging

Nice cameras

Not really a small phone though. Look around you might find better prices

I have never lived in Europe. Am not of European ethnicity. 

Thanks for the help, I'm not a big fan of th Exynos preocessors, i was trying to stay SD and maybe take advantage of 5G. Are the Xiaomi Mi 11 phones any good ?

1 hour ago, Mouse-Potato said:

Thanks for the help, I'm not a big fan of th Exynos preocessors, i was trying to stay SD and maybe take advantage of 5G. Are the Xiaomi Mi 11 phones any good ?

The pixel 3a still takes better photos.

14 hours ago, EL02 said:

The pixel 3a still takes better photos.

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Yes although the Mi 11 and 11 Ultra are full sized phones even larger than the S10+

Neither of them have expandable storage or headphone jack.

The Mi 11 is limited to 256GB storage on the most expensive model and lacks ingress protection rating.

TheUltra has 512GB storage on the most expensive model, and an impressive camera bump.

How would a newer pixel fair in comparison ? Say something like the Pixel 5 or the upcoming 6 ?

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

You can consider the Pixel 5

Its smaller (shorter) than your 3a, has IP68 rating and wireless charging.

Storage is limited to 128GB, no headphone jack. SD765G with support for 5G, but this is no flagship.

It has a good battery size and full aluminium body. A rarity these days, and IMO the best phone body material that is heardwearing without being as fragile/annoying to handle as glasss.

The Pixel 4a 5G is a larger phone that has the same chipset as the 5. It has the headphone jack but for some reason the battery is smaller. No wireless charging or IP rating.

No one knows the specs of the Pixel 6 and I am not making any predictions.

According to a rumor from unknown source, the Pixel 5a will be releasing soon. No one knows the specs of the Pixel 5a and I am not making any predictions.

If you are to ask for any details related to unreleased phones, the only thing I can tell you is IDFK

Lol that's a great answer, i'll wait and see but maybe the 765G wil lsuit my needs, the 3a's processor is dog shit, that other has to be better

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

If you willing to spend big $, get something with at least 256GB of UFS3+ internal storage, and 8GB of RAM.

What kind of phones are we talking here? 😆

Are the One Plus 8 Pro's any good ?

On 6/7/2021 at 3:17 AM, Mouse-Potato said:

Hi,

As the title suggests i need a new phone.

Currently I'm using a pixel 3a and really like the Cera quality, but it's slow as heck and laggy which drives me crazy.

I need something that i can rely on but has good performance, storage, camera for photography and a decent battery.

I'm not really an Apple fan and I'm still unsure about Samsung.

I was looking at some Xiaomi's but i don't have much experience on their camera quality.

Maybe there are some new phones coming out soon that are worth while waiting for ?

Any ideas are welcome

Thanks guys !

we'll wait for the Pixel 6 and decide further on.