Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Clean gigabyte gtx 1070ti OC

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

Just clean the gpu die off of thermal paste. A tiny bit of dust on the pcb isn't bad. 70% alcohol is NOT recommended for this. Neither is a qtip because that leaves bits of itself everywhere.

So basically just clean the dust of the heatsink and fans without using alcohol as normally you can just get it off with a paper towel and harsher paint brush. The heatsink you can even put under the tap and scrub it if there are not electronics attached to it.

The card you just dust off with some air and paint brush and call it a day.

Then apply a generous amount of thermal paste over the gpu die and pretty much mount everything back. be careful with the thermal pads they might rip. You can still use them when they do just puzzle them back together or get new ones of the correct thickness.

So i want to re apply the thermal paste to the cpu and also probably change the gpu thermal paste too and i have this thermal paste called mastergel V2 but i saw on the website saying its thermal conductive which means heat but i want to make sure that this paste is not consuctive like if i reapply it in the gpu and it spread to the side nothing is going to happen

That paste is listed as having high thermal conductivity, but zero electrical conductivity.

It's safe to use on both CPU/GPU applications.

PSU Tier List      AMD Motherboard Tier List      SSD Tier List

If I helped you out, please leave a thumbs up. It's appreciated.

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

I have my gpu for about 2 years never clean it and and im planning to replace the thermal paste and clean the gpu but i want to make sure when i use the Q-tip with the 70% alcohol (dont have 99% but 70% i do because of covid xd ) i can wipe everywhere on the pcb right or do have to avoid the lines looking thing and if theres anything else i should avoid im not knowledgeable about oc but picture of the things i should avoid will be awesome

Just clean the gpu die off of thermal paste. A tiny bit of dust on the pcb isn't bad. 70% alcohol is NOT recommended for this. Neither is a qtip because that leaves bits of itself everywhere.

So basically just clean the dust of the heatsink and fans without using alcohol as normally you can just get it off with a paper towel and harsher paint brush. The heatsink you can even put under the tap and scrub it if there are not electronics attached to it.

Then apply a generous amount of thermal paste over the gpu die and pretty much mount everything back. be careful with the thermal pads they might rip. You can still use them when they do just puzzle them back together or get new ones of the correct thickness.

16 minutes ago, jaslion said:

So in case that the thermal pad are ripped i can still merge them and reuse them right just making sure because its hard to order in my country

8 minutes ago, Meczox_YT said:

So in case that the thermal pad are ripped i can still merge them and reuse them right just making sure because its hard to order in my country

You can as long as they aren't ripped to bits. Like them turn in 2 is fine but in many small pieces it's pretty much game over.

I have had this card for about 2 years in my gaming pc and its undervolted at about -125mv stable and on nearly full load with assassins creed origin max graphic the temps are about high 50C to mid 60C would it be better to just blow the dust out or should i reapply the thermal paste 

*** Threads merged ***

You don't need 3 threads about same subject.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

*** Threads merged ***

You don't need 3 threads about same subject.

Sorry i dont know its a thing

1 minute ago, Meczox_YT said:

Sorry i dont know its a thing

1 post for thermal paste for GPU, 2 posts for cleaning GPU from old thermals paste. Could have been one thread from start since questions are about one thing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

1 post for thermal paste for GPU, 2 posts for cleaning GPU from old thermals paste. Could have been one thread from start since questions are about one thing.

My bad im truly sorry