HD 560S vs DT990 Pro + GSP 300

Holo
5 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Wot?! Lol, I have both the Tygr and DT880 and the Tygr is worse is a load of bullshit.

Have you tried toning down the highs? Otherwise Monolith Liquid Spark can do that but @rice guruis the guy for that.

Yes they did do that. Another option to do is tygr foam inserts. And breakingg in the pads also kill the highs as flatter pads seem to tone down the pads on the 990

IMG_20210601_192151.jpg

47 minutes ago, CTR640 said:

Wot?! Lol, I have both the Tygr and DT880 and the Tygr is worse is a load of bullshit.

Have you tried toning down the highs? Otherwise Monolith Liquid Spark can do that but @rice guruis the guy for that.

I said they are worse compared to TYGR.

2 minutes ago, Holo said:

I said they are worse compared to TYGR.

Oh oops, misunderstood 😛

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

43 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Try contacting support directly they will have you fill out a form to do it and since your in the EU I think all you will have to pay for is shipping and product and no import fees. Beyerdynamic doesn't ship to Canada directly either from my previous orders I had to contact them directly for what I needed. 

I contacted them, they only ship to 4 countries in EU.

Buying Monolith Liquid Spark would be more expensive than getting much better headphones.

And theres no way for me to buy beyerdynamic pads, they have them on their website but wont ship them here.

30 minutes ago, Holo said:

I contacted them, they only ship to 4 countries in EU.

Buying Monolith Liquid Spark would be more expensive than getting much better headphones.

And theres no way for me to buy beyerdynamic pads, they have them on their website but wont ship them here.

Then I guess 599 the fidelios are pretty good options as well. I do know a few folks that like the 560s for gaming. While I find it wonk my it seems to work out for others. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2021 at 5:10 PM, rice guru said:

Then I guess 599 the fidelios are pretty good options as well. I do know a few folks that like the 560s for gaming. While I find it wonk my it seems to work out for others. 

I've tried 599, they're too "boomy" (i think thats the word) for me, way too much bass. I also got 560s, they sound better, but i dont like how they squeeze my head, and like you said - soundstage feels pretty narrow, even in music, like everything is slightly too close together.

I was looking for TYGRs, no luck, not even a single used pair on the martket, and i wont pay over 300$ for the set with mic.

Only thing thats left from reccomendations are Fidelios, but some reviews say they have big spikes in trebble and they can sound "painfuly piercing", which is exactly what im trying to avoid.

2 hours ago, Holo said:

I've tried 599, they're too "boomy" (i think thats the word) for me, way too much bass. I also got 560s, they sound better, but i dont like how they squeeze my head, and like you said - soundstage feels pretty narrow, even in music, like everything is slightly too close together.

I was looking for TYGRs, no luck, not even a single used pair on the martket, and i wont pay over 300$ for the set with mic.

Only thing thats left from reccomendations are Fidelios, but some reviews say they have big spikes in trebble and they can sound "painfuly piercing", which is exactly what im trying to avoid.

Odd people found the X2hr piercing but my treble tolerance is fairly high. Tygr is no go if you found the 599 boomy anyway. Only options I can think of if you can try them.before buying is the akg k712 and 612pro along with the q702 the treble is more tame than the 990 and has fairly neutral treble with a few peaks or dips. Another one to consider is the audio Technica r70x

51 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Odd people found the 300 r piercing but my treble tolerance is fairly high. Tygr is no go if you found the 599 boomy anyway. Only options I can think of if you can try them.before buying is the akg k712 and 612pro along with the q702 the treble is more tame than the 990 and has fairly neutral treble with a few peaks or dips. Another one to consider is the audio Technica r70x

I don't see Q701 or 702 anywhere, k712 are very expensive, for now i'll try k612. How about k701 and k702, i see on amazon that they are about 30 euros more, should i keep them in mind in case i didnt like 612 for some reason?

32 minutes ago, Holo said:

I don't see Q701 or 702 anywhere, k712 are very expensive, for now i'll try k612. How about k701 and k702, i see on amazon that they are about 30 euros more, should i keep them in mind in case i didnt like 612 for some reason?

For gaming the 612 are better. The 702 is nice though for music but its soundstage is only far away there is no actual depth to it . Where the soundstage on the 612 and 712 have proper depth. The q701 is something is something I wrote down but hesitate to reccomend but the k701 is pretty similar.

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

For gaming the 612 are better. The 702 is nice though for music but its soundstage is only far away there is no actual depth to it . Where the soundstage on the 612 and 712 have proper depth. The q701 is something is something I wrote down but hesitate to reccomend but the k701 is pretty similar.

Ok, i'll try 612 when i get refund for 560s, i only had 1 akg headphones, k240 mk II, they were fine but nothing more. I assume 612 are much better, from reviews it looks like they might be a good option.

I dont think i will try 712, they cost more than it would be to import 6XX from US, and 6XX seem like they could be perfect, so if everything else localy fails, i guess i might go with that. Or hope for a huge sale on hd 650, they are similar to 6xx right?

3 hours ago, Holo said:

Ok, i'll try 612 when i get refund for 560s, i only had 1 akg headphones, k240 mk II, they were fine but nothing more. I assume 612 are much better, from reviews it looks like they might be a good option.

I dont think i will try 712, they cost more than it would be to import 6XX from US, and 6XX seem like they could be perfect, so if everything else localy fails, i guess i might go with that. Or hope for a huge sale on hd 650, they are similar to 6xx right?

6xx is the same as 650 for earopeans I usually just reccomend going with a straight up 650 cause customs destroys the 6xx deal.

X2HR is not ear-piercing? I have it and love it and I'm sensitive to treble-spikes. Unless I've gotten used to it. 

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

8 hours ago, rice guru said:

6xx is the same as 650 for earopeans I usually just reccomend going with a straight up 650 cause customs destroys the 6xx deal.

Its 100$ cheaper to import 6XX than buying 650 for full price, they cost 40% less. Of course theres the issue of time it takes, plus return/warranty would be a big problem. But its a big saving if theres no sale on 650, and i dont think there are.

I see some used on the market, for half the price, but thats always risky...

For now i hope 612 will be it.

On 7/6/2021 at 11:07 PM, rice guru said:

I got 612 and you were right - sound profile in games is exactly what i wanted, everything is clear and shots are not harsh at all. But i returned them, positioning wasnt great, wasnt bad but nowhere near 990s, pretty much the same as in GSP300. Plus the build quality is horrible for the price, years ago i had 20$ Superlux heapdphones and they felt exactly like that, pads here are more comfortable but not great either. But they do sound very good, thanks for that recomendation too.

I just bought 58X, they are on big sale, so even with currency change, shipment and tax, they will cost me less than 560S. Now i just have to wait a month 😞